Estates Services Officer
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
Overview of the role
We have a permanent full time opportunity are looking for an experienced Estate Services Officer. You’ll be responsible for managing approximately 8 Estate Assistants, which consist of both Gardeners and Cleaners across multiple schemes in Central & West London. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record of leading a team to deliver exceptional levels of customer service and who’ll effectively manage the facilitation and scheduling of estates services across a number of our schemes whilst maintaining amazing service levels.
You’ll be someone who enjoys being a motivational leader and promoting Guinness whilst modelling our behaviours. You’re the sort of manager who has high standards, is both a pace-setter and works collaboratively at all levels. Most of all, you enjoy enabling your team to be the best they possibly can be.
- Experience of leading and managing remote working teams and staff members, including strong performance management skills.
- Track record of working to agreed standards, specifications and timescales.
- Experience of delivering high quality Estate Services-grounds maintenance, gardening, arboreal services, weed-spraying, refuse removal and compliance activities.
- Direct experience of working with customers and customer feedback in a service delivery environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of compliance processes and relevant Health and Safety legislation, e.g. COSHH, PPE, RIDDOR
- Experience of budget management, cost control and stock management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- A good level of IT knowledge including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Able to demonstrate Guinness Behaviours
- Experience of delivering services, taking into account Health & Safety legislation and compliance processes, including COSHH, PPE and RIDDOR
- An understanding of the workings of service charges.
- Understanding of how to use mobile working devices, like smart phones or tablets
- Horticulture NVQ, BTEC or relevant professional qualification
- Institute of Occupational Safety and Health Certification
Please note that a holding a full clean UK driving licence is essential for this role.
As part of the recruitment and selection process you will be invited to take part in a Skype assessment which will involve:
- Exercise – to be emailed to you prior to the meeting
- Role play – 15-minutes. The exercise is to assess how the candidate would approach a team member and deal with the issues that have been raised. A full brief to be emailed to you prior to the meeting
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.