This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative team focused on improving standards in council housing. The Housing Asset Management Team are responsible to making decisions on the investment and improvements in the city’s council homes – Bristol owns and manages over 27,000 flats and houses in all wards across the city, built in every decade over the previous 100 years.
The investment decisions for our diverse range of homes, within an environment of ever-changing standards, priorities and financial arrangements can be a challenge – the aim is to ensure we invest in the right way at the right time.
You will have:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of sound project management principles
- Excellent knowledge of housing policy
- An analytical approach to solving complex problems, including analysing complex datasets
- An understanding of the challenges in long term investment planning in social housing
- The drive and commitment to deliver real change
- Lead projects delivering improvements in Asset Management, focussing on investment planning and achieving carbon neutral in council housing
- Manage project resources, risks, issues plans – and ensure agreed changes are embedded in the business
- Engage relevant stakeholders, ensuring effective communication throughout
- Present reports for Elected Members and Management Team
Why Bristol City Council?
At Bristol City Council, we go that extra mile for our people; we offer a work environment which is fast moving and supportive, giving you the chance to use your skills and develop new ones within a high-profile organisation.
Join us and you’ll receive a generous rewards package including flexible working and flexi-time, membership of the Local Government Pension scheme, and a generous annual leave allowance. In addition, you’ll be working in a supportive environment where you’ll have the chance to make Bristol a better place and contribute to its future.
How do I apply?
If you share our values and are ready to be part of our exciting journey please select the apply button below.
For more information please contact, Alison Napper, Assets Project Manager 07795 446 484.
Closing date: 18 March 2021.
At Bristol City Council, we value having a workforce as diverse as the City we serve. We therefore welcome, develop and promote people from all sections of the community.