At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Communications Advisor (Change), your ability to value and empower staff to embrace, develop and accept change could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As Communications Advisor (Change), you will be responsible for developing and executing a programme of communications and engagement activities to support business transformation at Lewisham Homes, working closely with the Head of Communications, the wider Communications Team and the Business Improvement Team.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Working with the Head of Communications and members of the Business Improvement Team to develop and deliver effective and engaging change communications for internal and external audiences aligned to the business’s transformation agenda.
- Responsibility for the transformation communications schedule, and taking a proactive approach to planning and delivery. This will involve working closely with the Business Improvement Team to understand transformation, and what it means for staff and residents.
- Developing content that is relatable, interactive and has resonance for different audiences to maximise and drive engagement (e.g. video, articles, blogs, events, digital newsletters).
- Taking an innovative and integrated approach to the use of communications tools and channels (including our new intranet) to support engagement.
- Collaborating with the other members of the communications team to ensure all planned activities are co-ordinated and communications are delivered on time via appropriate channels.
- Tracking, measuring and evaluating communications and engagement activities to ensure they are effective, tailoring approach as required.
- Working with the other Communications Advisor, the role will also involve responsibility for managing the production of the regular digital newsletters for different audience groups, as well as ad hoc tasks (news, campaigns management) as necessary.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is currently remote working due to Covid-19. Longer term it will be agile working with some days being office-based.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.
Annual Leave: 26 Days
Hours of Work: 36 hours
Family friendly policies and benefits including:
- Childcare vouchers
- Career average final salary pension scheme
- Discounts for local eateries
email@example.com for technical queries
Please note jobs close on the date stated In the advert at 23:59
The closing date for applications is Sunday, 21 March 2021
To apply you will be asked to submit a CV and supporting statement. Within your supporting statement please ensure you address the key requirements identified in the attached person specification.