Assistant Support Worker - Lily Hill
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for part time (15 & 22.5 hours per week) Assistant Support Workers to join our supported living service at Lilly Hill in Bracknell. Your role will be to provide residential care for individuals with learning disabilities. We are looking for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoy helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as an Assistant Support Worker is to provide appropriate support to service users with their day to day needs, within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This may involve providing assistance with personal care and promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning. As an Assistant Support Worker you will follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
Applicants with a valid UK driving licence are preferred.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £9.30 per hour plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Bracknell