Customer Support Officer
The Guinness Partnership is one of the leading providers of affordable housing and care services in England. We build and manage homes and provide housing services for around 135,000 customers nationwide. Of our 65,000 homes, more than 70% are let at a social or affordable rent, while around 10,000 are owned or part-owned by the people who live in them.
Our vision is to deliver great service, provide great homes, to be a great business and to be a great place to work. Because everything we do is about our customers, our communities and our people, any profit we make is re-invested in new and existing homes and improving services.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Support Officers to join our team in Oldham on a full time basis for a period of up to 12 months.
We are looking motivated individuals to help our customers to sustain their tenancies. This is a telephone-based service covering our national geography, working closely with our Customer Liaison Officers and Customer Account Teams. Our ideal candidate will have recent proven experience of providing complex welfare advice and benefits and the knowledge to signpost customers who have specific support needs to the relevant external agencies and make suitable employment referrals.
Overview of the team
The Customer Support team consists of 25 people all working hard to deliver an amazing customer focused service. You will be part of a team of 20 Customer Support Officers who help our customers by -
- Working with them to improve their finances and ability to pay for their home
- Managing our Hardship Fund to support customers who are in crisis
- Liaising with external support providers to ensure they have the right support package in place
Reporting to the Customer Support Team Manager, the Customer Support Officers key responsibilities will be to support our customers with:
- Income and Expenditure assessments
- Benefit assessments for Housing Benefit
- Support Universal Credit claimants
- Applications for Discretionary Housing Payments
- Providing information for personal budgeting
- Reviewing customers entitlement for Job Seekers Allowance, Employment Support Allowance and Tax Credits
- Assess eligibility for Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independent Payments
- Applications for utility grants to pay off utility debt
- Researching and identifying appropriate support providers
- Liaising with external agencies such as social workers, health care providers and floating support agencies
We are looking for an outstanding individual who:
- Display a real commitment to customer service
- Have proven knowledge of current welfare and housing benefits
- Experience of multi-agency working
- Proven ability to communicate complex information to colleagues and customers sufficiently to aid their understanding and actions.
- Proven ability to advocate on behalf of the company and/or customers when dealing with local authorities and other benefit agencies.
- Experience of explaining complex information
- Ability to build positive working relationships within our team and across the business
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Is able to work through problems and resolve them
- Can manage their own time
- Is committed, enthusiastic and displays empathy
- Up to date knowledge of new initiatives in the housing sector.
- Experience of providing cross-cutting services in the voluntary or statutory sector.
- Knowledge of current thinking in the sustaining tenancies
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
Advert Close Date: Tuesday 9th March at midnight
1st Stage interviews: Monday 15th March 2021
2nd stage interviews: Wednesday 17th March 2021
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Oldham
- Care and support Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Oldham
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Oldham
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Oldham
- Communications / PR Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Oldham