As Handyperson, you will be responsible for minor maintenance and weekly fire alarm testing to supported housing properties across Bedfordshire, Luton and Hertfordshire, ensuring that a safe and satisfactory environment is maintained. This will be a significant part of the role.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have proven experience of carrying out basic DIY/decorating and general handyperson tasks?
- Are you able to work alongside vulnerable people and create professional relationships with them?
- Can you work on your own initiative and prioritise your workload?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Handyperson to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Handyperson you will:
- Undertake basic plumbing and maintenance works as well as minor re-decoration works to communal areas.
- Repair, replace or build basic items of furniture as necessary.
- Ensure tools and equipment are maintained and n a good and useable condition, keeping stock of consumables.
- Report any repairs or maintenance issues that are outside of this job description to the repairs call centre and assist Housing Services Officers with monthly and yearly internal and external property inspections.
- You also need to be reliable and consistent, level headed and have good interpersonal skills.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check and will require a full driving licence and access to a vehicle. Mileage will be paid.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Handyperson, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.