Development Services Officer
Midlands Rural Housing works to promote and provide affordable housing in villages. We are one of the leading providers of rural housing services in the UK, working to create sustainable, affordable homes so that diverse rural communities can not only survive but thrive. We are a group of highly experienced housing professionals who collaborate with government organisations, developers, architects, builders, parish councils, local authorities, and housing providers to enable access to excellent affordable homes in the Midlands.
Midlands Rural Housing is part of emh group which includes emh care & support, emh homes and emh sharpes gardening services. Our vision is to be the best social housing and care business in the country, leading the market as service provider and employer.
The successful person will be responsible for delivering affordable rural housing through progressing and monitoring the project management of development schemes (principally for Peak District Rural Housing Association). The role will include working to specified budgets and timetables, as well as effective partnership working with parish councils, local authorities, the National Park Authority, rural housing enablers, development agents and key strategic groups.
The ideal candidate
- Knowledge of partnership and performance monitoring, including budget control
- Having the ability to work strategically and operationally with local authority housing and planning departments is pivotal to this role
- Will have well developed communication and organisation skills; the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders is an essential part of this role
- Knowledge of relevant legislation affecting construction, including Health & Safety is desirable
For a full overview of this role please visit the JD/PS attached.
Our Values are important to us and we’re looking for people who can help live our Values of Integrity, Diversity, Openness, Accountability, Clarity and Excellence.
- Our generous package includes:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health cash plan – BHSF
- 39 days annual leave (including statutory days), increasing with length of service
- Flexible working
- A wide range of training and development opportunities (we are an Investors in People accredited organisation)
BTEC National Certificate in a relevant subject is essential
A Levels/Higher National Certificate is Desirable
We welcome and encourage applications from all sections of the community.