Data Quality Lead
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Data Quality Lead to join our team based in Waterloo. You will join us on a full time or part time, fixed term contract and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £46,000 - £56,000 per annum.
About the Data Quality Lead role:
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of the data quality programme of work in our Finance Directorate. This programme includes qualitative data analysis for informing the work, quantitative analysis for finding root cause problems in data products, small projects management, acting as a data quality subject matter expert, building and administering PowerPlatform tools to help us improve data quality at scale, continued development of the company’s data maturity.
Responsibilities of our Data Quality Lead include:
- Analysing qualitative data using recognised research and analysis methods from DQ information collection
- Helping to build, develop, produce and manage strategic data quality scorecards using O365 tools and automation where possible
- Leading, instigating and supporting data quality and data quality projects within the organisation
- Engaging with stakeholders of all Finance DQ projects and facilitating the work of other DQ Leads collaboratively
- Communicating about projects findings and remediation efforts within Finance and throughout the company
- Producing reports for stakeholder groups
- Assessing and advising on data quality project requirements
- Working closely with the data analysts in the Data & Analytics Team to facilitate best practice and communicate improvement with regards to data management and use
- Abiding by legal data protection and privacy laws and regulations, and completing DPIA assessments
- Progressing and maintaining entries in the Peabody Data Dictionary
- Using, signposting others to and providing feedback for the Corporate Data Quality and Data Governance Information and Guidance
- Working hand in hand with the Data Services Team to keep metadata and data dictionary developments coordinated
- Working closely with the Data & Analytics Manager to inform and implement a company data strategy
What we’re looking for in our Data Quality Lead:
- Either 1) a master's degree, or 2) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a research/scientific field (including social sciences) with experience in applied science or finance
- Experience of analysing qualitative and quantitative data and are comfortable with both
- Enough experience in business or charitable work that you understand the value of data and the various applications of its use
- Excellence with technical documentation and keeping your work well-documented and updated
- The ability to document data models and schema
- The ability to use the terms “algorithm”, “metadata”, “machine learning”, “the cloud” and “missingness” correctly in communications and can explain them to non-statisticians
- Some experience with machine learning and keenness to develop practices in a data quality sphere
- Significant experience (and enjoy) teaching others in various ways (for example: in a formal classroom, or in Meetups®, or as a trainer)
- Comfortable creating tools in the Microsoft PowerPlatform, including PowerAutomate, PowerBI, and PowerApps
Closing date: Friday 9th April 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Data Quality Lead, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST