At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Caretaker, your ability to clean internal and external areas on a scheduled and reactive basis could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Caretaker, you will be responsible for working flexibly and collaboratively to take care of the internal and external cleaning of an estate, block or designated area.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Sweep and clean all internal and external areas on a scheduled and a reactive basis, including the safe use of appropriate equipment, chemicals, and materials.
- Remove fly-tipping, lumber or other bulky items, from communal areas and dwellings, to an appropriate area, including loading vehicles and if appropriate, driving to a disposal site.
- Carry out systematic checks on a scheduled or reactive basis, and ‘sorting or reporting’ problems, including but not limited to chutes, litter bins, communal lighting, fire safety hazards and communal repairs
- Request and monitor repairs to communal areas, using appropriate means or as identified by managers or supervisors
- Identify and report any welfare or safeguarding concerns about vulnerable residents
- Identify and report nuisance, anti-social behaviour or criminal behaviour and provide evidence to support enforcement action – including the provision of information on individuals, actively looking for evidence as required, and providing witness statements
- Look after and use appropriate uniform, personal protective equipment and devices relevant to your role including mobile phones and lone working devises.
- Ensure high quality outcomes across all task, including the compliance with and standards or systems required
- Carry out any other tasks, commensurate with the grade, which managers identify.
- To work weekends on a rota basis which is subject to review to meet the organisation’s needs
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
Please note that a clean, full UK driver’s license is essential for the role.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.