Financial Accounting Manager
At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Financial Accounting Manager, your ability to lead in improving financial processes and strengthen financial controls throughout Lewisham Homes could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Financial Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for leading, managing and co-ordinating all technical duties for the Financial Accounting section.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Full responsibility for the review and oversight of accurate recording of accounting entries, as well as the production of the statutory financial statements.
- Manage the monthly reconciliations of the control accounts and company balances.
- Maintain the necessary records, chart of accounts and systems.
- Ensure adequate internal financial controls are in place and provide assurance that thesecontrolsareinplacetoensurethatLewishamHomesisnotexposedtoanyfinancialrisk.
- Complete quarterly VAT returns.
- Keep financial regulations are kept up to date and ensure that they are followed throughout the business.
- Prepare the necessary files, reconciliations and other required documentation for the yearend audit and liaise with the auditors to ensure a successful audit with no management point or misstatements.
- Provide technical accounting expertise around the activities of the organisation, including expert knowledge of the applicable Financial Reporting Standards and relevant Accounting Direction.
- Maintain and develop the financial systems. Ensure users are trained.
- Ensure that all financial processes are fully and accurately documented in individual written process notes
- Manage a team that strive to provide an excellent service to both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that clear objectives are discussed and agreed, using the organisation’s My Performance Conversation (MPC)process.
- To be responsible for producing all reconciliations for the Company and the Housing Revenue Account.
- Hold regular 1-1 meetings, performance review and appraisals are held and employees are developed appropriately.
- To deputise for the Financial Controller when necessary.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is currently remote working due to Covid-19. Longer term it will be agile working with some days being office-based.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.