Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
You will be joining an ambitious technology team whose goal is to use technology and data to improve the lives of our residents, while driving efficiency and better outcomes throughout the whole organisation.
Our vision for this role
Our ambition is to become a more data-driven organisation and we see data as having a mission critical role in helping our communities. We think now is the perfect time to find someone passionate about data, who can join us on the journey to reinvent how we use data.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, results driven and motivated person who can produce amazing business outcomes from data. Someone who is a great analytical, problem solver and can tackle problems in novel ways across analytics, technology, process and more. This is a great opportunity for someone who thrives on having wide ranging responsibilities and wants to take ownership of specific projects to improve our data analytics.
We value professional development for our staff and hope that you value it too. We won’t pigeonhole you into specific tasks but give you freedom to work on areas that will deliver the most value, giving you the opportunity to gain more depth and breadth as a data professional in the process. To support this, you will be able to work with some of the newest Microsoft data technologies, including Azure Synapse Analytics and Power BI, alongside open-source technologies like Apache Spark and Delta Lake.
What you’ll do
At a glance you will:
- Improve our existing reporting processes by creating automated and self-service reporting solutions, as well as developing a suite of modern KPI dashboards using SQL and Power BI
- Help us unlock the value in our data by performing analysis on our data, helping us improve our data quality and supporting the development of data models and pipelines
- Work with stakeholders to understand their problems, then provide data solutions to help them solve their problems.
- Help us understand the needs of our customers, so that we can ensure we are working on areas that matter to them.
- Take the lead by contributing towards the development and implementation of our new data strategy
- Advocate for data-literacy and data-driven decision making throughout the business.
What you’ll need
Analytical and problem-solving skills
As you’ll be using data to help solve real business problems, you will have excellent numerical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Experience with data tools
So that you can hit the ground running, you will be proficient in SQL (preferably T-SQL), and have experience with at least one data analysis and visualisation tool such as Power BI.
Knowledge of data best practice
To make sure we are doing things in the right way, you will have knowledge of good practice relating to data modelling (3NF, BCNF), data cleansing and enrichment.
Strong communication skills
Collaboration with team members and stakeholders is crucial. So, you will need to be a confident communicator both verbally and in writing.
Driven by business outcomes
Our ambition is to drive real improvements for our communities through data. To make sure we maintain a focus on delivering value you will be motivated to produce improvements to business outcomes, not just by producing reports.
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Closing date: 18/04/2021
Interview and assessment date: TBC
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Administration Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- IT Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford