Relief Housing Officer
About the role
Do you have housing management experience and a passion for engaging with residents?
We are looking for a Relief Housing Officer to be part of our team providing a highly professional customer focused Housing Management service to the Association`s residents in rented accommodation.
Duties will include:
- The housing management in a relief capacity to provide support to patch officers
- Carrying out tenancy reviews
- Taking action against tenancy breaches
- Working with the income recovery team to ensure appropriate action is taken to deal with arrears of rent and charges.
You will seek to improve the level of service in response to changing residents` demands, regulatory requirements and best practice.
The successful candidate will:
- be an excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- be able to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- have knowledge of the housing sector and housing management experience
- have excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference.
Due to the nature of the role you must have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £31,758 pa for a 35 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Closing date: Tuesday 20th April 2021
Interview dates: Tuesday 27th April 2021
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS,reference and medical checks.
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 7,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84million and a development programme that will deliver over 450 new affordable homes each year.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.