Decarbonisation - Strategic Lead
- Dynamic & Growing Housing Association
- Agile Working
About Our Client
With 7,000 homes and 330 employees, Halton Housing is a business that prides itself on doing things differently. Forward thinking and innovative, we are already exploring new sensor technologies to measure the thermal efficiency of our homes, opportunities to improve building fabric performance and new, modern methods of construction.
We have a great foundation to build upon, but now want to go further and faster. This will include accelerating our plans to migrate away from gas boilers to more energy efficient alternatives, replacing inefficient electric heat sources, exploring new technologies including smart controls and sensors, digital asset modelling and thermal surveys. All new build homes will also need to be compliant with the Future Homes Standard from 2025.In addition to the positive impact on the environment, more energy efficient homes tend to be warmer and have lower utility costs so will also improve the lives of our customers.
- Work with the Director of Homes to design and develop a decarbonisation strategy that ensures Halton Housing will meet the government target to achieve an EPC C rating for all our homes by 2030, and deliver net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Work with the Director of Homes to develop a comprehensive retrofit programme designed to deliver annual measurable improvements to the performance of our homes from 2021, whilst ensuring adherence to new and emerging government policy and associated regulations.
- Work with the Director of Growth and Development to develop a road map for the delivery of zero carbon homes by 2025 and to ensure adherence to the Future Homes standard.
- Support the development of a group-wide approach to the collection, analysis, and application of relevant data to inform the prioritisation of the decarbonisation road map to encompass new build schemes, acquisitions, existing homes, and our wider estate.
- Inform the development of a collaborative, customer-focused communications strategy designed to engage our customers positively in the green agenda.
- Ensure alignment of the decarbonisation strategy and road map with relevant associated internal strategies and plans including the environmental, sustainability and governance programme.
- Work collaboratively to develop a resource plan to ensure we have the right capacity and capability, at the right time to meet our decarbonisation plans.
- Work with the Innovation Team to explore decarbonisation approaches and emerging technologies and identify opportunities for practical application to our homes.
Work with key internal and external stakeholders, including relevant government departments and local authorities, to develop a strategic approach to accessing green funding opportunities.
The Successful Applicant
- Demonstrable experience of building construction and asset management.
- Proven experience in the field of environmental sustainability, decarbonisation, and sustainability in the built environment.
For the full candidate pack and additional role information please contact Daniel Ogden via E-mail, contact information can be found here: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/daniel-ogden-b2b101118
What's on Offer
- £55,000-£60,000 salary
- Agile working
- 27 days annual leave increasing to 30 with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Investors in People - Gold
- Continual professional development
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPIHJN0320212551002Z
Closing Date: 26/04/2021
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lancashire
- Asset management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lancashire
- Sustainability Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lancashire
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lancashire
- Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Lancashire