Graduate Sustainability Officer
3 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Graduate Sustainability Officer to join our team based in Waterloo. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £28,000 - £30,000 per annum.
About the Graduate Sustainability Officer role:
This is a challenging role supporting the Group Sustainability Manager, being part of a growing business, looking at supporting the creation of a new culture and ethos around sustainability throughout Peabody and the improvements we have set out in the strategy to make a meaningful impact on climate change. The role requires excellent communication skills, strong data analysis abilities, an understanding of construction, with the natural ability to network and build effective relationships with key colleagues and customers across the organisation.
Responsibilities of our Graduate Sustainability Officer:
- Assist in undertaking projects on any area of the Sustainability Policy or its implementation strategy to improve Peabody’s environmental performance.
- Support with the development of a data led investment plan to efficiently improve the building fabric of our stock with the investment team, track and monitor its output.
- Support with the development of a PAS2035 retrofit coordinator programme.
- Assist with the development of a programme to undertake education and energy advice to all Peabody residents, and work with residents to reduce energy usage, and support resident groups in sustainable activities
- Help collect data on the performance of our built assets and work with others to improve performance and efficiency.
- Support the Group Sustainability Manager in identifying, developing and delivering projects to improve Peabody’s environmental/energy performance.
- Assist in raising awareness of the Sustainability Policy with Peabody staff, so our workforce is engaged and empowered.
- Work with and support team members, other teams, our residents, community groups and other organisations to improve environmental outcomes in our housing stock.
- Help identify new policies or legislation which could affect Peabody’s Environmental Sustainability objectives.
- Assist in producing reports or briefing papers on sustainability issues, to help the Sustainability Team understand new or changing areas of sustainability practice.
- Undertake the appropriate training/learning (qualification, work based training, job shadowing, coaching etc.) to enable progression and development.
- Ensure the provision of excellent customer service to all stakeholders in order to maximise customer satisfaction.
- Support projects to improve Peabody’s environmental asset performance, give expertise to the major works team and Development as directed.
What we’re looking for in our Graduate Sustainability Officer:
- Degree in related discipline
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
Closing date: Thursday 15th April 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Graduate Sustainability Officer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST