Data Quality Lead - Finance
We have two fantastic opportunities for Data Quality Lead - Finance to join our team based in Waterloo. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £46,000 - £56,000 per annum, depending on experience.
About the Data Quality Lead - Finance role:
Peabody’s is looking for a Data Quality Lead to fill this challenging leadership role within the Finance directorate. This person will add significant value by helping us to continue to improve business processes and data products. The role requires excellent applied science and math skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the natural ability to network and build effective relationships across the organisation, as well as a passion for collaboration and data.
Responsibilities of our Data Quality Lead - Finance:
- Analyse qualitative data using recognised research and analysis methods from DQ information collection
- Help build, develop, produce and manage strategic data quality scorecards, using O365 tools and automation where possible
- Lead, instigate and support data quality and data quality projects within the organisation
- Engage with stakeholders of all Finance DQ projects and facilitate the work of other DQ Leads collaboratively
- Produce reports as required for stakeholder groups
- Assess and advise on data quality project requirements
- Work closely with the data analysts in the Data & Analytics Team to facilitate best practice and communicate improvement with regards to data management and use
- Abiding by legal data protection and privacy laws and regulations, and completing DPIA assessments when appropriate
- Progress and maintain entries in the Peabody Data Dictionary
- Use, signpost others to, and provide feedback for the Corporate Data Quality and Data Governance Information and Guidance
- Work hand-in-hand with the Data Services team to keep metadata and data dictionary developments coordinated
- Work closely with the Data & Analytics Manager to inform and implement company data strategy
What we’re looking for in our Data Quality Lead - Finance:
- You have either 1) a master's degree, or 2) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a research/scientific field (including social sciences) with experience in applied science or finance.
- You have experience of analysing qualitative and quantitative data and are comfortable with both.
- You have enough experience in business or charitable work that you understand the value of data and the various applications of its use.
- You are excellent with technical documentation and keep your work well-documented and updated
- You can document data models and schema
- You can use the terms “algorithm”, “meta data”, “machine learning”, “the cloud” and “missingness” correctly in communications and can explain them to non-statisticians.
- You have some experience with machine learning and are keen to develop practices in a data quality sphere.
- You have significant experience (and enjoy) teaching others in various ways (for example: in a formal classroom, or in Meetups®, or as a trainer)
- You are comfortable creating tools in the Microsoft PowerPlatform, to include: PowerAutomate, PowerBI, and PowerApps.
Closing date: Friday 9th April 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Data Quality Lead - Finance, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST