Programme Support Officer
We are looking for a highly organised problem solver who has experience in project management to support the work of our Programme Delivery team.
You will provide advice and guidance to colleagues to support the successful delivery of our portfolio of programmes and projects, particularly focussed on preparing relevant timely and accurate reports.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our team believe in hard work. We celebrate each other’s success and are always honest with each other. That feeling that everyone around you is pulling together to get things done, when we work together we are unstoppable – they’re all part of life at Stonewater.
A career at Stonewater is a rewarding one and provides you with the opportunity to bring your individuality and skills to an organisation which embraces change and is open to new ideas. We believe that recruiting and retaining the right people is vital for our success.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything we do. We recognise that our customers, colleagues, contractors and other partners are central to our success and that we work in a diverse society. We acknowledge not only our legal, but also our moral responsibility to ensure all groups have equality of opportunity.
We also offer you the chance to be part of an organisation rated as ‘One Star in the 2020 Best Companies survey for the second consecutive year, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Our promise to you
At Stonewater we believe nothing is impossible. We’re driven by our mission, vision and values and inspire others to always strive to succeed. This passion and determination is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where being individuals is embraced and recognised.
So, if you want to make a real difference to people's lives and want to have a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
- To ensure robust and to date project plans for all projects and Strategic Plan actions are maintained in our Portfolio Project Management tool, including carrying out initial ‘health checks’ on project plans to validate them where required, to ensure the accuracy of project data.
- To collate project status reports and exception reports, including validating the accuracy of the reports as required, to ensure accurate reports on programme and project delivery can be provided for the Programme team meetings.
- To support the Programme Manager with scheduling of resources and manage under and over capacity.
- To act as a source of expertise on the use of portfolio, programme and project management software, including providing ‘hands on’ support to users, to increase the skills of users of the software.
- To act as secretary to the programme team meetings when required, including coordinating the production of agendas and reports, taking minutes of meetings, and following up action points, to ensure effective governance and oversight of programme and project delivery.
- To support the Assistant Director Programme Management progress reports for the Boards to ensure there is effective governance on monitoring delivery of the plan and that regulatory requirements are met.
- To provide high level administrative and research support to the Assistant Director Programme Management, including processing purchase orders and invoices to ensure effective budgetary control is maintained.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of programme or project management with a recognised PMO, programme or project management qualification.
- Experience of using portfolio, programme or project management software to capture and track progress on the delivery of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and good judgement for escalation and delegation.
- Able to make sound decisions high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to organise and prioritise own workload.
- Good communication, influencing, and persuading skills at all levels.
- Proactive & collaborative approach to team working, operating with open, honest and inclusive communications style.
- Aligned to Stonewater’s Values, Behaviours and our commitment to equality and diversity.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan – up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance – 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Homeworking
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Homeworking
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Homeworking
- Policy / Strategy Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Homeworking
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Homeworking