Finance Support Officer
At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Finance Support Officer, your ability to assist with the running of the accounts payable function could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Finance Support Officer, you will be responsible for supporting the Accounts Payable Manager in providing an accounts payable function for Lewisham Homes, including the timely processing of purchasing invoices and accurate processing of payment transactions.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- To assist with the running of the accounts payable function, ensuring that all the data is complete and accurate.
- To assist with the regular payment runs to ensure that they are completed in line with the payment run schedule.
- Ensure that all purchase orders and payments made comply with the scheme of delegation and reporting any contravention to the Accounts Payable Manager without delay.
- Ensure that controls are properly applied to minimize Lewisham Homes’s exposure to erroneous or fraudulent transactions.
- Ensure that any urgent payments are approved in accordance with the scheme of delegation.
- To support the development and maintenance of effective relationships with stakeholders, assisting in addressing any issues or shortfalls in order to ensure the delivery of high standards of service to the business.
- Perform Supplier statement reconciliations.
- To contribute, as appropriate, to special projects and change programmes in support of the payments team’s objectives.
- To assist in continually reviewing all aspects of the service being provided by the payments team and identify any improvements and efficiencies that can be incorporated into processes and procedures.
- To deputise for the Accounts Payable Manager and Senior Finance Support Officer as required.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is currently remote working due to Covid-19. Longer term it will be agile working with some days being office-based.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.