Service Manager - Home Ownership
We are currently looking for a Service Manager to join our Home Ownership team and would like to hear from individuals who have experience in a property management and right to buy / right to acquire environment. We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead and develop a modern approach to our home ownership service by delivering a digital, quality, high performing and value for money service that is valued by residents and stakeholders, creating a culture of excellence and continuous performance improvement, which delivers an excellent level of customer service to Homeowners.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a broad knowledge of property law, the landlord and tenant act as well as a good understanding of legislation relating to the landlord relationship with owners. Working in a regulated environment, you will achieve compliance by meeting statutory and regulatory requirements whilst ensuring customers are provided with a seamless journey from start to finish.
Who We Are
Cross Keys Homes is a commercial business with a social heart. We're dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable housing in prosperous communities.
We're the largest social housing landlord in Peterborough, managing more than 11,000 properties and housing around 14% of the city’s population. We're also growing and moving into new areas, including Huntingdonshire, Milton Keynes, and Bedfordshire. We provide affordable homes for social rent, private rent, leasehold and shared ownership.
We want to provide high-quality, affordable homes to even more people. That's why, over the last 10 years, we’ve built more than 1,300 new homes.
We’re more than just a landlord. We want to make neighbourhoods happy and vibrant places for people to live. We do that by investing in homes, green spaces and leisure facilities, and by supporting local people through training, education and employment.
We’re also dedicated to the needs of older and vulnerable people – being the city's largest provider of independent living schemes. With our LifeLine emergency alarm service, community care, sheltered housing and our state-of the-art extra care facilities like Lapwing Apartments, we help people live independently with support available if they need it
We are looking for someone
- To lead and manage the delivery of the Home Ownership service in ensuring that the service complies with regulation and best practice and demonstrates high levels of customer satisfaction
- To lead the annual service charge review process for Homeowners and to ensure that service charge processes conform to regulation, best practice, the terms of individual leases and are communicated in a clear and transparent way to Homeowners.
- Work in collaboration with the Service Managers to manage and control Shared Ownership/Leasehold income and expenditure through financial control, accurate financial systems, montoring of rent and service charge payments and correct interpretation of legislation, with a view to maximising income.
- Working with the Asset Management team, take responsibility for the cost recovery of major works carried out on Shared Ownership/Leasehold properties ensuring that Section 20 principles are correctly applied to all works. Work in collaboration with internal departments to handle new property defects and champion the needs of the residents in ensuring a prompt and professional defects management approach is adhered to
- Ensure that data integrity is maintained across the Home Ownership service enabling services to be tailored and delivered in a way that reflects the needs of the client group.
- Responsible for reviewing, adapting and implementing national policy changes to reflect the changing needs of the business and customers, whilst always balancing the commercial and social agenda, applying technical expertise within leasehold and housing law frameworks to ensure appropriate advice is given to Homeowners.
- Be responsible for financial management and oversight, including the setting, management, forecasting and continual monitoring of the budget for Home Ownership.
- We are looking for someone who has a recognised housing qualification (CIH) level 3 or above
- A broad knowledge of property law, landlord and tenant act and interpretation of legislation relating to the landlord relationship with owners.
- Experience in managing boundary and land ownership matters to successful resolution.
- Knowledge of shared ownership legislation and best practice
- Experience of interpreting leases to achieve compliance
- Experience of promoting resident involvement where measured outcomes have been achieved
- Experience of managing contracts and contractors to achieve compliance
- Experience of delivering a high quality customer focused service, understanding of the customer base and successful complaint management and resolution when required
- A full, clean UK driving license and access to suitable vehicle
- A DBS check will be required for this role
In return, we are offering:
- A competitive salary between £47,361 to £56,732 depending on knowledge, skills and experience
- Equipment and support to work from home
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- A highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan - access to a range of health cash benefits and services. Money back offers on a range of essential healthcare including new glasses, contact lenses, dental treatment and physiotherapy. If you have dependent children, they will also be covered on certain benefits up to the age of 22.
- CKH Rewards Benefits Platform offering discounts and savings from 100's of retailers, access to instant vouchers, cashback and re-loadable gift card.
- Online Employee Well Being Hub
- Employee Assistance Programme offering free counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day
- A great working environment with all the tools needed to fulfil your role
- A friendly and supportive team
- Excellent opportunities for learning and working towards gaining relevant qualifications
- Cross Keys Homes is a Living Wage Employer