Legal & General Affordable Homes is recruiting for a Development Manager to support the Head of Development to source, appraise, scrutinise and contract s106, package deals, land led and joint ventures.
You will manage a pipeline of schemes in London, under the direction of the Head of Development.
This role will cover the Northern Home Counties.
What you'll be doing:
- Reporting to the Head of Development and working with Finance and Operations team, support the full and successful delivery of s106, package deals, land led opportunities and JV Partnerships.
- Undertake business development activities in relation to the new business opportunities within the designated area targeting, overseeing the pricing and negotiation of schemes, and executing affordable housing forward funding and direct acquisitions from house builders and developers.
- Prospect opportunities, appraising the schemes jointly with Finance and Operations teams, and then appraising and testing schemes in accordance with the approved investment parameters and the scrutiny processes and reporting to the Head of Development, review and ensure that scheme appraisals are 100% accurate.
- Peer reviewing schemes as required and providing recommendations to manage risks, optimise quality and deliver good value for money.
- Manage all negotiations in a transparent, trustworthy and honest manner and to ensure the reputation of the company is safeguarded at all times and ensure that projects are contracted in accordance with the approvals and in accordance with the adopted policies and procedures.
- Be responsible for the effective contracting and work with the project management team to ensure the successful project management of schemes to ensure they are delivered in accordance with the programmes and to a high quality of finish and a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that schemes are completed to the standard delivery requirements, ensuring that these standards are met by all counterparties.
- Monitor scheme bidding performance and pricing to ensure that the team are procuring at values which reflect the needs of the business.
What we're looking for:
- You'll have an excellent academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Experience in sourcing and contracting residential affordable housing investments and/or developments and of building trustworthy relationships with developers and house builders that are current and potential future partners and clients
- You'll have substantial local knowledge of both the social housing and wider residential sectors, in particular an expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Legal & General Affordable Homes is a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, which invests its long-term capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups. Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Business development Manager Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Project management Manager Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Manager Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Development / regeneration Manager Over £60,000 Permanent jobs in London (Central)