Housing Management Administrator/ Receptionist
Hightown is a charitable housing association transforming thousands of lives every year. We do this by building hundreds of much needed new homes and providing care and supported housing services for a wide range of people. We have high ambitions, a principled approach and a dependable, flexible team that delivers.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 450 new affordable homes each year.
Once our houses are built, they are let to people who cannot afford to buy or rent at full market values. The majority of our properties are offered to people on local authority housing lists to rent. We also manage homes to let at intermediate rents, for people saving for a deposit, and shared ownership homes, which help people make their first step on the housing ladder.
We currently have a vacancy for a Housing Management Administrator / Receptionist to join our Housing team on a part time basis working 17.5 hours - (Wednesday's 1.30pm - 5.00pm, Thursday's and Friday's 8.30am - 4.30pm)
The role will involve:
- Dealing with enquiries on the telephone and at reception from tenants, applicants for housing, contractors and any other visitors.
- Providing administrative support to Housing Officers dealing with housing management issues including car parking permits, assisting in the lettings process, sending out newsletters and standard correspondence including warning letters and general estate letters and notifications of meetings.
- Provide cover for all duties carried out by the receptionist, including processing incoming and outgoing post, scanning documents, signing out keys to contractors.
- Ensuring detailed information is obtained from tenants, updating records and keeping accurate records of customer contacts, including complaints.
- To ensure that the presentation of the service provided to tenants and others is professional, positive, friendly and helpful at all times, and in line with the Association`s Customer Charter.
- General administration.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role.
- Ideally, experience of working within a housing association
- Excellent planning, organising & time management skills essential
- Excellent customer service skills, demonstrable experience in dealing with queries and complaints whilst maintaining an excellent telephone manner
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package.
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £12.98 per hour
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Well-equipped on-site gym
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the links below and complete an online application form.
Please also click below for a copy of the job description.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd April 2021
Interviews: Friday 30th April 2021
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice. However all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Tenant services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Hemel Hempstead