Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We support vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
Our vision for this role
We’re looking for an experienced development Project Manager to deliver a range of development projects across North London and Hertfordshire. You will act as the project lead on small and large-scale land led and s.106 developments, with potential to manage larger and more complex schemes. You will deliver high quality residential developments, including some commercial and retail, and residential for rent and sale. You will have the ability to work across all development disciplines from new business and land acquisition, contracts and tendering, to on site delivery, defects and latent defects. Essentially you will have a track record of delivering quality schemes on time and on budget.
What you’ll do
- Identify, generate and progress sustainable new business opportunities
- Set up and manage development projects from inception to completion ensuring all schemes are delivered to time, budget and quality
- Lead the Project Team
- Lead on developing successful partnerships and working relationships with external stakeholders
- Ensure effective risk management and appraisal measures are implemented on all new business projects
- Comply with all Homes England and GLA funding and procedural requirements
- Contribute to team, departmental and organisation priorities
- Work closely and collaboratively with all departments within the organisation
- Support the Assistant Director of Development (New Business) and attend planning, legal and technical meetings on new developments as part of the training related to the post.
- Provide financial and risk monitoring assessments of allocated projects and report these regularly to the line manager to agree appropriate controls are in place.
- Undertake specific projects other than construction projects as and when required
- To provide a comprehensive and proactive customer focused service
What you’ll need
- At least 2 years’ experience of managing complex development projects
- Experience of a replacement cladding project or latent defect related to fire issues
- Knowledge of GLA or Homes England procedures
- Experience of running Joint Venture or Partnering projects
Tell us your story
We are looking forward to learning about you. Please help us get to know you by sending your latest CV and covering letter detailing how your experience meets the role above. To find out more about us simply visit www.originhousing.org.uk
Please note we will be asking for satisfactory references and DBS check. Successful applicants for interview will be contacted within seven days after the closing date.
Benefits for the right person
We reward our people for the work they do. We appreciate commitment, initiative and going the extra mile. At Origin, our comprehensive range of benefits care about the ‘whole’ person. As well as offering you great-to-have discounts, we look after your health and well-being too – personalising your benefits package to you. We offer:
- Access to a range of discounts on services, products and experiences. Not simply picked at random but personalised to you
- Tailor-made Healthcare plans and/or insurance plans – let us know your preference
- An Employee Assistance Programme that supports your well-being and is there to provide valuable help at all times
- A choice of rewards that you choose where to spend
- An Awards recognition scheme that champions individual achievement
See our new benefits portal where you can select the options that suit your lifestyle.
Closing date: 23/04/21
Interview and assessment date: 07/05/21
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford
- Project management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Thetford