Estate Manager - Glebelands, Mitcham
6 days left
- Organisation Type
1 x 36 hours per week (full time role) on 12 Months Fixed Term to cover Maternity Leave
Hourly rate: £12.75 per hour
About the role
As an Extra Care Estate Manager you’ll be customer focused, flexible, have a strong passion for older people’s rights and independence and reflect our shared values in your day-to-day activities. This is an exciting opportunity to join Anchor Hanover Group at the start of a new development and vision for our Extra Care services for older people.
- Provide a flexible and local housing management and support service to meet the needs of customers living at the scheme
- Line management responsibility for estate based staff
- Connect with residents, sign-posting and helping them with accessing health and social services, and encourage inclusion in social events
- Help new residents settle into their homes in a positive and respectful way
- Manage contractors in an honest and proactive manner to ensure homes are well maintained, and communal repairs are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Ensuring the smooth running of the estate
- We need people who share our values, those who are friendly, customer focused, calm and have good people skills with the ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We believe they should be able to choose how they live in later life. This means listening carefully, so we can shape our homes and services around their changing needs and concerns.
- Support residents, helping them access health and social services, and encourage inclusion in social events
- Help new residents settle into their homes, feel safe, secure and have a positive experience
- Manage a small local on-site team, and work in partnership with many other agencies
- Manage contractors in an honest and proactive manner to ensure homes are well maintained, repairs are completed to a high standard and in a timely manner, and services provided to a high standard
- Possess sound computer skills
- Be able to solve problems, plan work and get result
- Be proactive, ensuring the smooth running of the estate
Anchor Hanover is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to have an LGBT+ resident group, and also BAME, LGBT+ and Disabled colleague networks. These work closely with the organisation to celebrate diversity, address concerns, review policy and practice and empower their members. We recruit, train and promote without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex or gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other protected status. One of our values is ‘respect’, therefore we do not accept harassment or discrimination from any colleague, resident or third party.