4 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Arborist to join our team based in Thamesmead. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis (working 8am – 3.30pm Monday-Friday) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,000 - £35,000 per annum.
About the Arborist role:
The successful applicant will be able to carry out a range of tree work including planting, crown raising, reductions, pollarding, dismantling, felling and stump grinding, to a high standard and in line with industry best practice and BS3998: Tree Work Recommendations. The successful applicant will also be expected to assist in the maintenance of chainsaws, chippers and stump grinder.
The Tree Services team work mostly within Thamesmead and provide high quality, planned, ad-hoc and reactive tree work to our existing tree stock of around 30,000 trees situated within housing estates, parklands and alongside our network of canals.
Responsibilities of our Arborist include:
- Providing tree services in a safe manner which are customer-oriented, high quality, responsive to the needs of the Group including external clients and in line with service standards
- Carrying out tree pruning operations, including lifting and thinning
- Carrying out tree felling and stump removal
- Clearing and tidying the site
- Safely using a wide variety of equipment and hand tools including but not limited to saws/pole saws/hand tools
- Carrying out cable braising and tree support system activities
- Following Peabody’s Health and Safety policies and procedures
What we’re looking for in our Arborist:
- Relevant qualifications and training in arboriculture
- NPTC units in the range of 30 to 31 as a minimum
- Proven experience working in an Arboricultural service
- A proven ability to work in all weathers in an outdoor environment
- The ability to undertake physically demanding work
- Experience of using a wide range of equipment and tools
- Current driving licence (B+E desirable)
- NPTC qualification 38 (desirable)
Closing date: Wednesday 21st April 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Arborist, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST