Health & Safety Advisor
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our team based in Essex. You will join us on a part-time, permanent basis working 21 hours per week, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,141 per annum.
About the Health & Safety Advisor role:
You will lead on providing health and safety advice for managers and employees located primarily in Essex. As part of a team of Health and Safety Advisors, the role will provide cover for London and the South East as required.
Responsibilities of our Health & Safety Advisor:
- Keeping up to date with current health and safety issues, new regulations and legislation
- Providing proactive, timely, accurate and professional health and safety advice and guidance to customers and offer proactive solutions for their issues
- Supporting managers and employees in completing operational risk assessments and carrying out specialist and organisational risk assessments as required
- Assisting managers in identifying health and safety training needs and as appropriate facilitating the delivery of health and safety training directly or indirectly
- In partnership with managers and employees commissioning or carrying out health and safety audits and safety inspections and supporting them in responding to recommendations
- Investigating workplace accidents and incidents and reporting on findings and recommendations
- Assisting in the development of health and safety policies and procedures and ensuring that they remain up to date and compliant with current legislation, regulations and industry best practise and embedded across the organisation
- Working in partnership with the HR team to support the health and wellbeing of employees
- Providing verbal or written health and safety briefings for managers and employees about current or newly arising issues
- Managing the lone worker monitoring system
- Attending and participating in internal and external health and safety group meetings
What we’re looking for in our Health & Safety Advisor:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
Closing date: 5pm, 22nd April 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Health & Safety Advisor, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST