5 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Collections Officer to join our team based in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, 6-month fixed term contract and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £33,660 per annum pro rata.
About the Collections Officer role:
You will be the first point of contact for effectively managing tenant arrears with a strong focus on income collection maximisation and customer relations. Exhausting a set of agreed policies and procedures and through using data to ensure the delivery of a rent collection and arrears service which meets targets whilst helping customers to manage debt.
Responsibilities of our Collections Officer:
- Maximising all revenue streams to improve income collection rates and minimise the levels of debt
- Monitoring arrears cases and ensuring that prompt action is taken, including liaison with internal Benefits & Money advice specialists and instigating legal proceedings where necessary
- Actively promoting to tenants the range of payment methods available and signposting them to the relevant financial or other support available
- Providing advice and information to tenants in respect of interventions for managing arrears and welfare benefit entitlements
- Keeping abreast of all appropriate welfare reform, benefit and revenue related changes in legislation
- Developing a good working relationship with Local Authority Housing Benefit Departments or Universal Credit partnerships and liaise with Housing Benefit/DWP’s and other support agencies to manage debt
- Assisting vulnerable residents to sustain their tenancies and address rent payment breaches, including liaison with support networks, reporting and signposting adults that have been identified as having support or other needs to the appropriate services
- Preparing and submitting applications to the County Court or First Tier Tribunals in relation to breaches or arrears, seeking and enforcing judgement
- Carrying out evictions where possession has been obtained, including arranging for properties to be secured
- Managing and responding to enquiries and complaints from tenants and elected members concerning the provision of services
- Raising invoices rent/service charges and liaising with Tenant Appointees for payment
- Reviewing and processing credit refunds and adjustments, liaising with rent accounting section as appropriate on accounting matters
What we’re looking for in our Collections Officer:
- GCSE Maths and English Language, Grade 4 or above or equivalent
- Experience of providing rent arrears management and a good understanding of complex arrears issues and legislation affecting this, including the litigation process
- Understanding of legal proceedings for rent arrears
- Excellent communication skills to work with tenants, management, staff and other stakeholders to high levels of satisfaction
- Experience in effectively engaging and influencing a wide customer base, including engaging with vulnerable customers and those that have perceptions of Peabody Service failure
- Demonstrably show experience in successfully operating in a complex and changing operating environment
- To have a good understanding of the importance of data quality and integrity so that you can act as a passionate and credible advocate of the effective use of Data Analytics in Collections
- Working knowledge of modern Collection IT systems and experience in influencing how these can be made more effective or efficient
Closing date: 5pm, 22nd April 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Collections Officer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST