7 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Lifeguard to join our team based in London. You will join us on a full-time, 1 year fixed term contract, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,390 per annum.
About the Lifeguard role:
You will work as part of a team in supervising, controlling and ensuring the safety of swimming pool users at all times.
Responsibilities of our Lifeguard:
- Assisting in maintaining the safety and welfare of all swimming pool users in line with industry guidance (HSG 179 Managing health and safety in swimming pools)
- Maintaining constant surveillance in the facility and acting immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of users in the event of emergencies
- Performing various maintenance duties to maintain a clean and safe facility in line with cleaning schedules and local procedures and ensuring that all chemicals are correctly used and stored
- Being aware of all emergency procedures and assisting in avoiding and controlling emergency situations
- Monitoring activities in swimming areas to prevent accidents, provide assistance to swimmers and caution swimmers regarding unsafe areas
- Ensuring that all parts of the pool are made secure when not in use
- Carrying out pool tests every two hours on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the swimming services manager or centre coordinator
- Ensuring personal lifeguarding qualification is current, with evidence available on site at all times
- Assisting in helping all setups and takedowns at the appropriate programmed times for all bookings
What we’re looking for in our Lifeguard:
- National Pool Lifeguard qualification/Any Life-Saving Qualification Or ability to gain Lifeguard Qualification in Two weeks
- Excellent skills in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety regulations and guidance
- Ability to adapt, work under pressure and deal with emergency situations should they arise
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Effective working relationships with staff and the public
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Alertly observe and analyse public safety situations and determine appropriate course of action
Closing date: 5pm, 26th April 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Lifeguard, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST