At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Housing Officer, your ability to proactively manage a variety of Housing Management functions could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Housing Officer, you will be responsible for providing a high quality, customer focused and responsive Housing Management service to Lewisham Homes residents.
If successful the main duties of your role will be:
- Proactively manage a variety of Housing Management functions within procedural deadlines including viewings and sign ups.
- Carry out estate visits and inspections in a lone working capacity.
- Build good working relationships with the local Tenant and Residents’ Associations.
- Manage nuisance cases effectively and liaise with external mediation partners.
- Ensure you escalate any anti-social behaviour cases appropriately and in line with procedure.
- Respond to correspondence and complaints, and provide good quality drafts for member’s enquiries.
- Identify and record details of vulnerable residents, signpost residents for support as required.
- Ensure safeguarding concerns are acted on immediately and in compliance with the safeguarding procedure.
- Work collaboratively with other departments, partners and stakeholders to ensure multi agency responses to complex cases.
- Take legal action as necessary. Ensure all legal paperwork is completed to a high standard in order to apply for possession and/or injunction proceedings.
- Attend court hearings and evictions, representing the organisation positively at all times.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation and good practice issues relating to the role
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is will be agile working with some days being office-based.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.