Housing Development & Viability Officer
This Officer plays a key role in delivering the Council’s Housing Strategy, including provision of good quality new market and affordable housing. Working with private developers, Registered Providers and others you will evaluate and report on development proposals to ensure affordable housing delivery is maximised. You will provide timely consultation responses on planning applications, refer schemes for Independent Viability Assessment where necessary and assess the outputs of viability reports.
A well organised team player with relevant experience of housing development you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage your own time well. You will be able to make daily use of Microsoft Office applications.
You should also have an understanding of how affordable housing is delivered, local land markets and development economics.
Due to current restrictions, the role may initially be fully remote with necessary equipment provided. Once the Council’s offices re-open you will be part office based and part home based. A CV with a covering letter will be accepted but it is essential that your application clearly addresses (using headings) the essential criteria contained in the job profile.
Queries should be directed to Tracey Barrett, Team Leader (01234) 718572 Tracey.Barrett@bedford.gov.uk.
For full job details please click 'Apply'.
Closing date: 4th May 2021.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- Administration Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire
- IT Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Bedfordshire