We have a vacancy in our Housing Service based at Phoenix House, Tiverton working in a generic role as part of the neighbourhood team. You will be working in our Estates team and responsible for tenancy and estate management. The duties will include managing flexible tenancy reviews and other tenancy changes. You will also be responsible for responding to complaints of anti-social behaviour, matters associated with tenancy fraud and health and safety issues on our estates. You must be a good communicator as this role will involve liaison with our tenants, other staff within MDDC, Councillors, the Police and a wide range of other external agencies. Attendance at court and home visits will require the post holder to be mobile.
In addition, to be successful in this post you need the following:
Demonstrable housing management experience to include the following areas:
- Good working knowledge of housing legislation and the law relating to housing management.
- Flexibility, a team-centred approach and an ability to meet deadlines
- Experience of arrears management
- Experience of managing safeguarding issues
- An understanding of equal opportunities and diversity issues
- Be able to attend occasional evening meetings and work outside normal office hours if required
For an informal discussion about the post, contact Claire Fry, Operations Manager for Housing Services. Please call 01884 255255 and request a call-back.
Visit our sharepoint page for full application details, or alternatively for an application pack, please contact:
Human Resources, Mid Devon District Council, Phoenix House, Phoenix Lane, Tiverton, Devon, EX16 6PP
Tel: (01884) 234389
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 26 April 2021 at 1.00pm
POST NUMBER: HS23
VACANCY NUMBER: 2020049
Committed to Equality of Opportunity, we welcome applications from all sections of the community
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Tiverton
- Anti-social behaviour Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Tiverton
- Care and support Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Tiverton
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Tiverton
- Tenant services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Tiverton