Assistant Support Worker - Warren Court
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a full time (37.5 hours) Assistant Support Worker to join our service Warren Court. We are looking for somebody who wants a rewarding and varied role working with adults with learning disability and mental health problems.
Working as part of a team, you will provide appropriate, personalised support to service users who are living in their own homes or in a supported housing setting to enable them to develop and maximise their independence.
Previous experience is not essential. However, you will need to demonstrate a genuine care for others, have excellent communication skills and have a positive attitude.
You will also need to:
- Demonstrate a person centred approach and an understanding of confidentiality
- Use your own initiative and carry out practical tasks as and when required
We offer a wide range of training courses and the opportunity for career development so this will be a perfect opportunity for those who are looking to either start a new career or are seeking to progress in the health and social care sector.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a benefits package which includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 33 days per year, including statutory bank holidays, rising to 35 days with service
- £18,135 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus on top of your basic salary
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Ongoing professional development and support to deliver outstanding support
- Workplace pension scheme and life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Refer-a-friend scheme: Earn a £130 bonus for each friend you refer to work for us
- Access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for use at work
- Access to COVID-19 vaccinations
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 7,500 homes from our head office in Hemel Hempstead and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff. We have an annual turnover of £90 million and a development programme that will deliver over 400 new affordable homes each year.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd May 2021
Interview date: Monday 10th May 2021
To apply for this position please complete an application form. Please make sure that you give examples of how you meet the essential requirements of the person specification.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search