Housing Services Coordinator (Fixed Term)
Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
18.5 hours per week (Monday- Friday working hours can be flexible between the hours of 9am and 5pm)
Do you have great customer service and problem-solving skills?
Do you love Housing and/or are you interested in what Housing Providers do?
Do you enjoy working in a fast paced and target driven environment?
bpha are a forward-thinking housing association, on a mission to build thriving communities where people can live happily in a home they can afford.
We work right across the Oxford to Cambridge Arc, and own or manage over 19,000 homes. As one of the top 25 Housing Association developers in the country, we remain committed to delivering high-quality affordable housing to those who need it the most.
Our Residents, shared owners and leaseholders are at the core of everything we do at bpha. With every employee playing an important part in ensuring we continue to provide them with excellent customer service and maintaining our role as a responsible landlord.
We are currently looking for a highly organised and target driven individual to join us. Reporting to the Senior Housing Services Coordinator, this post will play a key role in the letting of our rental properties and the pro-active management of former tenant debts.
What you will be doing:
- Allocating rental properties in accordance with bpha’s allocations policies and nomination agreements held with local authority partners.
- Maximising income through reducing rent loss resulting from vacant properties and minimising former tenant debt.
- Ensuring all changes to tenancies such as assignments (including mutual exchanges) and successions are completed in line with legislation, contractual rights and bpha’s policies.
- Supporting the Home team with tenancy management matters/projects/new initiatives and helping to identify and implement customer services improvements.
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Excellent customer service skills and a clear commitment to constantly improving the services we provide to our colleagues and customers.
- Strong organisational skills with great attention to detail and the ability to prioritise a busy and varied workload in a reactive environment.
- The skills to work without guidance, show initiative and be able to work as part of a wider team.
- Great communication skills, with the ability to engage with people, and be committed to providing good quality, clear information to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems, including Microsoft Word, Teams, Excel and Outlook.
We are passionate about providing excellent customer service; if you are too then this could be the opportunity for you!
Amongst what we offer you is:
- £24,000 pro rata
- 28 days holiday, rising to 33 days after five years PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a basic DBS application.
Closing date: Sunday 25th April 2021
Interviews for successful candidates will be held on 4th and 5th May 2021
The interview will be conducted over Microsoft Teams and will also include an accuracy and prioritisation assessment.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
*The role will initially be based from home due to the pandemic, but office work will resume when possible.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Bedfordshire
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Bedfordshire
- Tenant services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Bedfordshire
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Bedfordshire
- IT Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Bedfordshire