Head of Development (Delivery)
We’re looking for a development delivery professional to provide strong leadership, inspiration and motivation for the Development team to achieve our Strategy.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Are you qualified to degree level or equivalent and have proven substantial experience in a similar role in property development, ideally residential-led mixed-use?
- Are you a strategic thinker who is able to see the bigger picture but also thrives at being hands-on?
- Are you a confident communicator who can lead and motivate others?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Head of Development Delivery to join us on a permanent basis, leading our delivery programme in the Oxford/Cambridge arc.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Head of Development Delivery you will:
- Be responsible for leading and delivering the programme and financial performance of your scheme in RIBA workstages 5-6, offering additional input and additional support as agreed, when required from development leads controlling other workstages.
- Ensure there is an efficient and thorough handover of all projects when transferring to other workstages leads or departments.
- Manage and develop relationship with Asset Management and Sales teams to ensure efficient handover of completed homes.
- Demonstrate a sound, commercial, business awareness in your advice and decision making.
- Lead, build and maintain effective relationships internally and externally.
- Create and maintain a culture of high performance and continuous improvement by effectively upskilling, motivating and holding others to account.
- Be target and results orientated with an active commitment to achieving high levels of performance and professionalism.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to a Basic DBS check.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Head of Development Delivery, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.