Learning Disability Worker
Learning Disability Worker
If you are a caring individual with an enthusiasm for providing services to adults with support and care needs, then this could be the role for you.
We are looking for adaptable individuals with the energy to deliver a variety of care and support duties to our customers with learning disabilities at our registered care home in Ryde which is rated “Outstanding” by CQC. You will be part of a team that helps people gain more independence, provides more choices and opportunities for community involvement.
Experience, whilst useful, is not essential, as full training and guidance will be given. However, it is important that you are a good listener who can communicate effectively, and who is keen to make a positive contribution to the lives of vulnerable people. Numerate, literate, motivated and flexible, you enjoy forming and developing professional relationships and either have, or are willing to train towards, a vocational qualification in care.
Working on a rota basis you will be required to work weekends, evenings, including sleep-ins and need to be physically fit in order to undertake moving and handling duties.
This role is permanent working 30 hours per week.
What we’ll offer you
• Generous holiday entitlement
• The ability to carry over annual leave, buy extra leave and sell excess leave
• Flexible working – covering weekdays, evenings and weekends
• A great pension scheme
• Access to various discount cards
• Cash claim-back on medical treatments
• Employee referral scheme
• Travel to work loan
• Training provided as part of the role
• Discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
• More information can be found on our careers page – https://www.shgroup.org.uk/about-us/build-your-career-with-us/
Why work for Southern Housing Group?
Southern Housing Group is one of the largest housing associations in the UK and has a well-established reputation as a successful business with social objectives. The Group provides a range of homes for people in housing need, including social rent, affordable rent, shared ownership and outright sales.
Along with being a housing association we provide care services and supported housing on the Isle of Wight. We help people live independently, either in their own homes or in one of our supported homes. We have a great deal of experience working with a diverse range of people with many different needs.
We aim to:
• Put our customers first and at the heart of everything we do
• Help our customers live as independently as possible and achieve their goals
• Ensure our customers are treated with dignity, compassion and respect
• Understand that each of our customers is an individual, with unique needs, preferences, and wishes
Our services meet or exceed regulatory guidelines and requirements and our experienced staff are trained to a high standard, subject to appropriate background checks.
“When I first started working at Southern Housing Group five years ago I wasn’t really sure which direction in life I wanted to go; since working for the group I have been given some amazing opportunities for both personal growth and career development. I can honestly say Southern Housing Group is a great place to work I have always had full support and encouragement from my managers which has given me that extra drive to succeed further within my career path pushing me to take on new and challenging opportunities; I feel that I am the perfect example of how a company can help an individual grow.”
Deputy Manager, Byrnhill Grove
Closing Date: Wednesday 28th April 2021
For this role, successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivity of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents.