Assistant Director - HR
7 days left
- Organisation Type
- Housing association / RP
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Director - HR to join our team based in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, fixed-term contract of 18 months, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £90,000 - £93,000 per annum.
About the Assistant Director - HR role:
The postholder will lead and support a number of strategic and operational HR initiatives, as part of the delivery of the People Strategy and Great Place to Work Strategic Group Priority.
They will be responsible for leadership of the HR Business Partner and Shared Services functions, establishing integration and synergy in the provision of these services, whilst developing a more strategic approach to create a great employee experience.
Responsibilities of our Assistant Director - HR:
- Providing leadership to a team of HR professionals and developing a seamless, ‘end to end’ service culture within the teams, including identifying and implementing process change initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of delivery to our internal customers
- Developing and implementing a ‘partnership/resolution approach’ to employee relations, with a view to reducing ER and ET cases, thus creating space for value-added time in the Business Partnering teams and ensuring HRBPs are proactive and strategic in their approach
- Developing strategies relating to building HR capability and developing talent across the teams.
- Influencing, facilitating and leading organisational change and development using effective HR expertise and change strategies
- Supporting the development and implementation of updated HR systems, processes, and tools, with an emphasis on ‘’e-HR’’ and simplification, including related re-engineering initiatives, to improve productivity and efficiency for all HR activities
- Working with colleagues across the wider HR Service, and the organisation, to continuously improve and enhance HR processes, systems and operational service delivery.
- Taking oversight of strategic-level planning for next phases of systems development and input into the HR/Payroll Programme (overall responsibility will lie with the HRD)
- Leading the work of the HR Policy Review, which is fundamental to the of development of new and existing policies in line with the organisation’s changing priorities and EDI agenda (working closely with the Head of EDI)
- Providing advice and support to Heads of Service in areas of employee relations for complex cases and ETs
- Deputising for the Director of HR as appropriate on internal and external committees and forums.
- Overall budget responsibility and oversight for staff and related operational contracts
What we’re looking for in our Assistant Director - HR:
- Degree or equivalent experience
- MCIPD qualified
- Experience of operating in a senior role with the confidence to engage and influence at Exec level
- Solid experience of leading and managing HR teams, with prior generalist experience in Business Partnering and/or Shared Services
- Experience in leading, driving and delivering cross-team projects and streamlining processes within the HR teams
- Evidence of effective decision making
- Evidence of strong/complex employee relations skills and knowledge
- A mindset of continuous improvement, self-motivation and flexibility
- Ability to work autonomously in a constantly changing environment
- An analytical approach to understanding and interpreting issues
- Building effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior decision-makers; ability to influence and secure the confidence of senior stakeholders
- Effective planning, organisational and project management skills are required along with experience of managing resources and budgets
Closing date: 5pm, 22nd April 2021
Interview Dates: 28th (AM) and 30th (AM) April 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Assistant Director - HR, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST