Temporary Accommodation Manager
At Lewisham Homes, we believe in building on potential. As a Temporary Accommodation Manager, your ability to manage Temporary Accommodation and ensure continuous improvement and efficiency could have a real impact on people’s lives.
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious not-for-profit organisation focused on improving housing in the borough. As well as managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council. We aim to provide a better experience and more opportunities for residents, communities – and the dedicated people who join our growing team.
As a Temporary Accommodation Manager, you will be responsible for delivering a high quality, customer-focused approach to housing management and lettings within Temporary Accommodation stock.
If successful, the main duties of your role will be:
- Manage the Temporary Accommodation Housing Officer and apprentice role. Ensure effective recruitment, induction, supervision, appraisal and development of all staff, in line with Lewisham Homes’ policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the ASB, Community Relations and Housing Services Manager to deliver a consistent management approach across the department. Take prompt action to tackle and resolve any capability or disciplinary problems.
- Ensure adequate management information is available, to measure the performance and outcomes of the team against targets, policies and procedures and in comparison with other organisations. Continuously monitor performance to ensure compliance.
- Produce good quality and informative reports for a variety of different audiences, including Head of Housing & Communities, Director of Resident Services, the Executive Team, the Board and Lewisham Council.
- Manage the team to ensure procedural compliance in a variety of Housing Management functions. Ensure good quality casework and accurate and detailed notes are kept.
- Raise and respond appropriately to any safeguarding concerns.
- Build relationships and work collaboratively across Lewisham Homes, partners and stakeholders to deliver excellent customer care and ensure multi-agency responses to complex cases.
- Respond to complaints and members enquiries in an effective manner. Coach staff to resolve and respond to complaints successfully.
- Ensure policies and procedures are fit for purpose and regularly reviewed. Assist the Head of Housing and Communities to develop strategies to address any major policy or legislative changes.
- Identify areas for improvement, and work with the Head of Housing and Communities to implement changes to address these.
- Respond to complaints and members enquiries in an effective manner, and coach staff to resolve and respond to complaints successfully.
- Participate in key corporate projects, from planning stage to implementation and evaluation.
- Work flexibility and attend ad-hoc meetings in evenings or weekends, as required.
We expect everyone at Lewisham Homes to be eager to learn new skills and to help others. As a major local employer with over 500 staff, we are committed to providing opportunities for personal development, plus flexible and agile working to help us to continue to embrace wellbeing. We also offer benefits including: season ticket loan, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays, health & wellbeing benefits and membership of the local government pension scheme.
This role is currently remote working due to Covid-19. Longer term it will be agile working with some days being office-based.
For more information about Lewisham Homes and this opportunity, please visit our website.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in London (Greater)