We have a fabulous opportunity for a Finance Analyst to join our Financial Planning and Analysis team at Yorkshire Housing. This is a fantastic role for a current analyst with some experience in a Finance team who is working towards a professional qualification or completed AAT looking to further develop a career in Finance for an organization that really makes a difference.
You might think of Yorkshire Housing as ‘just’ a housing provider, but we’re so much more than that. Yes, we own and manage nearly 20,000 homes (and counting) across Yorkshire and make it possible for current and future customers to have a place they’re proud to call home, but we’re also all about making a positive difference in people’s lives. Whether that’s helping people get on the property ladder, supporting with money coaching or enabling our older customers to continue to live independently. And to do that, we need to recruit and keep the very best people.
What you’ll be doing?
As a Finance Analyst at Yorkshire Housing, you’ll be involved in a wide variety of activities including:
- Collaborating with finance and operational colleagues to analyse issues impacting performance.
- Undertaking financial modelling and other analysis to support business partners and decision making.
- Assisting with a wide range of topics including cost management, pricing decisions, procurement, investment appraisals and benefit realisation monitoring.
- Supporting production of the monthly finance report and other similar reports
- Ensuring that outputs are easily understood and fit for use by non-finance colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Supporting the budgeting, forecasting and long term planning processes
- Inputting into statutory, regulatory or other external reporting
- Developing strong internal relationships with key stakeholders
The stuff that sets you apart?
- You’ll be extremely numerate, working towards a professional qualification (Certified or Chartered) or have completed AAT (This should be referenced on your CV).
- You’ll have plenty of experience working within a Finance team in an Analyst role.
- You’ll be commercially aware with excellent problem-solving ability and able to communicate with all levels of the organisation. You will have strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to provide meaningful business insight.
- You’ll be able to work under pressure, manage priorities and deliver against strict deadlines with the ability to utilise technology and data. You’ll have an eagerness to develop your own skills, adapting to change where necessary.
- Ideally, you’ll also have some experience of working in the regulated social housing sector and experience of working in property management.
What's in it for you?
We offer a salary of £28,472 per annum for a 35 hour week, 25 days annual leave (raising annually to 30 days) plus Bank Holidays. We also have a reward package to suit everyone – from a variety of retail discounts to a contributory pension scheme where we will match your contributions up to 9%. Due to the nature of this role, there is also the potential for study support to be offered following a successful probation.
The Finer Print
If you are applying for this role internally you must inform your current line manager
As an organisation we are working via a hub, home and roam model and you will be expected to undertake face to face collaborative work at one of our hubs in Yorkshire/Leeds weekly, so you just don't see your colleagues on screen! Therefore, you need to live within a reasonably commutable distance.
A bit more about us
We’ve got a few ‘house rules’ at Yorkshire Housing (no pun intended!). One of them is work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go and another is that we think in careers, not jobs. Our flexible working environment and friendly culture means you can be yourself, take advantage of development opportunities and succeed – that’s just how we roll.
We’re inclusive and welcoming and offer a fun and open culture with a shared belief in making a positive difference to people’s lives – it really does feel like joining a big family!
We’re looking for people who want to get stuck in and make a positive difference to people’s lives. We want you to own the work you do and achieve impact.
You’ll make it happen by being curious and creating trust with our customers and each other. We want you to love what you do and have fun along the way.