Head of Risk and Assurance
As Head of Risk and Assurance, you will develop and drive Catalyst’s risk management strategy and provide assurance that the organisation undertakes adequate risk management activities across all functions.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have previous experience of working at a senior level in a similar role, ideally within the Housing sector?
- Do you have strong relationship management skills and experience of working with boards and senior leaders?
- Are you discreet and professional with experience of working with highly confidential material?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Head of Risk and Assurance to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Head of Risk and Assurance you will:
- Develop and embed an appropriate and proportionate risk management culture.
- Support senior leaders in devising action plans for managing risks relating to their business operations.
- Manage a risk-based annual programme of internal audit to assist Catalyst in continuously evaluating and improving its operations in order to meet strategic objectives.
- Develop and drive the insurance and business continuity strategies for the Group.
- Create guidance, training and communications for colleagues in required subject areas.
- Support the Director of Governance and Compliance in carrying out investigations into whistleblowing, fraud and related concerns.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
This role is subject to a standard DBS check.
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3- 5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us
- Flexible and agile working
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Head of Risk and Assurance, please click on the ‘Apply Now’ button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.