Asset Manager (Specialist Projects)
Asset Manager (Specialist Projects)
The role and person
- 35 hours
Accent Group are recruiting for an Asset Manager (Specialist Projects) to join our existing established Homes team. This role is about assessing the performance of our assets and customers’ homes.
The successful candidate will be using the data and insight we have to target where options appraisals should be undertaken to increase the asset value of the stock portfolio.
You will improve the customer experience and their quality of home. We want our people and our customers to be proud of the homes we provide and you have a key part to play in this.
The role will involve some out of hours working and travel across our offices.
As Asset Manager (Specialist Projects), a typical day might include
- Working with the Asset Manager to understand the financial and social objectives performance of the asset / stock portfolio
- Ascertaining portions of the asset / stock portfolio which underperform and require options appraising to inform future life and improve overall asset value
- Financial and spatial analysis of the asset / stock portfolio
- Developing a programme of options appraisals with intrinsic links to the financial plan, asset / stock footprint and socio / economic objectives
- Collaborating with internal and external customers to conduct options appraisals and arrive at a set findings / outcomes
- Engaging expert third party opinion / advice where needed to enrich complex options appraisals
- Stress testing the findings and potential outcomes to assess the financial, quality & volume impact on the asset / stock portfolio
- Packaging options appraisal findings, outcomes and developing solutions focussed recommendations for consideration
- Ensuring asset performance insight and decisions influence other strategies and plans, e.g. investment standards, stock rationalisation / disposals
- Using your expertise and fresh thinking to implement innovative ways of conducting options appraisals to ensure we stay ahead of the curve
- Applying your specialist skills to support colleagues across the business in ensuring that homes are fit for purpose and perform well
The must haves
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience
- A high level of relevant experience in a housing association, local authority, developer / property company, accountancy, investment, or engineering environment
- A fast learner, a problem solver, capable of working on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Analytical and project management skills
- Excellent time management skills with ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Self—starter, demonstrates initiative and tenacity
- Analysing large databases of asset information
- Be comfortable working with business analytics programmes (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Financially literate, able to understand financial statements, comfortable with financial modelling
- Ability to manage complex financial model, discounted cash flow techniques and social sustainability assessment
- Understanding of Net Present Value (NPV) of assets and other asset performance based metrics
- Fantastic attention to detail and ability to succinctly articulate opportunities for improvements to the stock portfolio
- Strong judgement and decision making skills to the benefits of all stakeholders
- Ability to create healthy and constructive partnering relationships with all internal & external stakeholders
- A keen interest in the social & affordable housing sector
- Numeracy and literacy skills essential. IT literacy, confident in use of MS Office applications as well as the ability to use company operational software
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely. When we are in the position to return to the office this role will be based out of any of our regional offices which are: Burnley, Camberley, Peterborough, Shipley or Stockton.
You’re able to work from one of our five regional offices listed above, however at Accent we’re a keen promoter of agile working, and encourage the use of working from home as our new way forward.
The spot salary for this post is £42,000 - £47,000 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A choice of salary based contributory pension schemes, a defined benefit scheme or a defined contribution scheme, each offering life assurance cover
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about delivering excellent services to customers, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
- 2 months