The Guinness Partnership provides services to more than 140,000 customers in our 65,000 homes nationwide. With a turnover of £360.5m and a truly national presence, Guinness is one of the leading housing providers in the sector. Last year we launched our Guinness Strategy which aims to deliver 7500 new homes by 2023 and so it’s a great time to join us for this next exciting chapter in our story.
Guinness Property provide repairs and maintenance services to The Guinness Partnership. Our national teams deliver rapid-response housing repairs, maintenance and improvement services to ensure that our customers’ homes are safe and maintained to high standard.
We currently have a vacancy within Guinness Property for a Roofers Mate based in Leeds. The successful candidate will have previous roofing experience and will have experience of working at heights. Reporting to the Service Manager you’ll be required to assist the Roofer and carry out remedial works to a high quality, ensuring that a customer focussed maintenance repairs service is delivered.
This is a permanent full-time vacancy working 39 hours per week.
It is essential that you have a full UK driving licence.
- Assist the qualified multi-skilled operatives in the delivery of high standards of work.
- Deliver material and collect material for disposal, ensuring all waste is disposed of correctly.
- Contribute to team objectives to ensure the delivery of a great customer service and the achievement of operational KPIs.
- Provide accurate information of work completed, in accordance with legislative and company requirements and procedures.
- Assess risks prior to carrying out work and take appropriate Health and Safety measures to ensure personal safety and the safety of our customers and colleagues.
- Ensure the company vehicle meets the Guinness standard, ensuring regular maintenance checks are undertaken and any necessary records and stock are maintained.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is fully functional, appropriately maintained and certificated with defects reported.
- Carry out work in line with Guinness procedures and policies, Health and Safety and control of hazardous materials regulations.
- Support the protection and safety of our customers by identifying safeguarding concerns and following the safeguarding procedures, making appropriate referrals.
Skills / Experience
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment within agreed performance targets.
- Proven ability to work methodically, follow agreed procedures and accurately record data and information.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and lift weights in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines.
- Ability to operate safely having taken into account any environmental circumstances and possible risks including working at height(s).
- Demonstrate the Guinness Behaviours.
- Health and Safety Knowledge.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Experience of working within the social housing sector
- Level II NVQ or experience relevant to role
To be considered for this post you will need to live within 30 miles of the location due to the requirements of the role.
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and to ensure you meet the essential criteria.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all colleagues, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.