We have a fantastic opportunity for a Gas Engineer to join our team working across various London locations. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £32,000 per annum.
About the Gas Engineer role:
You will undertake annual/periodic gas safety tests and servicing. You will also be required to pick up resultant minor gas-related works.
Responsibilities of our Gas Engineer:
- Ensuring all areas are adequately protected prior to commencement of works
- Undertaking statutory periodic gas safety test/service appliance in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations to achieve 100% compliance with regulations
- Issuing appropriate safety certificate to tenant and office and/or to request follow-on works
- Undertaking minor works arising as a follow-on to safety checks/servicing
- Undertaking boiler fitting and carcass replacement/updating
- Leaving area in a clean and tidy condition at the end of each job
- Ensuring Gas Testing equipment remains calibrated
- Being flexible with regard to working hours where requested (occasional evening and weekend work may be necessary)
- Adhering to Peabody/ PGM health and safety policy, with emphasis on Gas Regulations and RIDDOR
- Adhering to Peabody/ PGM equality and diversity policy
- Adhering to Peabody/ PGM environmental standards and accreditations e.g. correct, most efficient adjustment of boilers, disposal and recycling of used parts etc…
What we’re looking for in our Gas Engineer:
- Full UK driving licence (or transferable / UK acceptable)
- A recognised gas trade qualification (Gas Safe) and suitable experience (2 years +)
- Experience of working with the public in a customer-focused environment
- The ability to undertake gas safety inspections/testing in accordance with current regulations
- The ability to undertake resultant gas works following inspection/testing including stopping leaks, replacing boiler and heating components etc
- The ability to undertake boiler fitting and carcass replacement/updating
- The ability to exceed customer expectations by taking ownership of tasks
Closing date: Monday 3rd May 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Gas Engineer, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST