Senior Development Manager
We are looking a Senior Development Manager who will plan and deliver a supply of new build development in order to achieve the Development Strategy and business objectives within the approved budget, timescales, and design and specification.
We’re one of the UK’s leading housing associations, a member of the G15 group of London’s largest housing associations, with 34,000 homes and 1,200 employees in London and the Home Counties.
We are inspired by the benefits of a diverse workforce. We encourage diversity and inclusion at all levels of our organisation and are fully committed to equality of opportunity. We have been voted a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for, investing care, time and resources in our people.
Our purpose at Catalyst is to provide ‘homes people love’. That means everything from creating and maintaining great homes, to delivering excellent service to customers every day. We offer a wide range of housing solutions and opportunities for our diverse range of customer needs and requirements including, rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
What we’re looking for:
- Do you have a successful record of delivering a multi-tenure development programme?
- Do you have detailed understanding of both phased regeneration and joint venture schemes?
- Do you have solid understanding of development appraisals, experience in tendering processes, contract negotiations and monitoring the financial performance of projects?
- Do you have strong project management skills and able to manage projects within agreed time, cost and quality constraints?
- Do you have experience of successful engagement and working with development partners and key stakeholders, including the GLA, local authorities, private developers, funders, external and internal teams?
If so, this is the perfect role for you!
We currently have a great opportunity for a Senior Development Manager to join us on a permanent basis.
Do you have what it takes?
To succeed in your role as a Senior Development Manager, you will:
- Be able to demonstrate a successful record of delivering residential led development schemes and have substantial experience in a similar role using various forms of procurement such as frameworks, contractual partnerships and joint ventures.
- Have a detailed and complete understanding of contract obligations with commercial awareness and the ability to critique and modify financial appraisals, participate in tendering and contract negotiations and manage, monitor and control costs, build quality, timescales and risk.
- Have demonstrable understanding of phased regeneration schemes and experience of delivering mixed-tenure developments.
- Be able to anticipate problems and opportunities, taking the initiative to offer solutions and implement required actions to meet agreed targets and deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to use a range of communication techniques in order to convey the required message to a range of audiences.
- Be able to prepare and confidently present, accurate, clear and concise reports (written and verbal) to internal Boards, Panels and Committees and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Work with gravitas, courage, maturity and be calm under pressure, building credibility and respect with internal and external stakeholders. Take personal responsibility for decisions and actions, display confidence and show desire to develop productive working relationships and learn from experience.
The UK has a housing problem which affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution and you could be too!
We’re committed to making Catalyst a great place to work. As well as offering a positive culture we offer a competitive pay and benefits package, some of which are listed below:
- Competitive salaries that are benchmarked regularly against current market rates.
- Up to 27 days paid annual leave up, to a maximum of 30 days.
- Two additional paid volunteering days each year.
- A generous salary sacrifice pension scheme: matching a contribution of 3-5% of your monthly salary with up to another 9% by us.
- Flexible and agile working.
- Learning and development programme where we invest in your personal development and training as soon as you start work with us.
To find out more, take a look at our benefits page - https://careers.chg.org.uk/catalyst-benefits/
Ready to apply?
To be considered for the role of Senior Development Manager, please click on the ‘Apply Now’?button and submit your details along with a copy of your CV and a supporting statement.