We are looking for a confident and pro-active Income Officer to join our national income team.
If you are looking for a role that involves engaging with customers, working collaboratively with colleagues, maintaining excellent casework records and you are organised, have excellent communication and negotiation skills, we want to hear from you.
Whilst this role is home based there is an expectation that in the future travel will be required occasionally to meet other colleagues within the business for team meetings and collaborative working.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 32,500 homes, serving 70,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our team believe in hard work. We celebrate each other’s success and are always honest with each other. That feeling that everyone around you is pulling together to get things done, when we work together we are unstoppable – they’re all part of life at Stonewater.
A career at Stonewater is a rewarding one and provides you with the opportunity to bring your individuality and skills to an organisation which embraces change and is open to new ideas. We believe that recruiting and retaining the right people is vital for our success.
We also offer you the chance to be part of an organisation rated as ‘One Star in the 2019 Best Companies survey, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
- Maximising income through the effective management of customer rent and service accounts.
- To effectively engagement with customers to prevent and manage any rent debt and to follow policy and procedure to escalate cases appropriately.
- To provide appropriate support and advice to customers including information on welfare benefits and signposting for debt advice where appropriate.
- Contributing to the development and overall performance of the Income Team and its operation to ensure the cost effective delivery of high quality customer service.
The ideal candidate:
- Excellent communication skills delivering clear messages to our customers.
- A good decision maker who is able to take responsibility.
- A commitment to excellent customer service.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver results.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Experience of housing– particularly in relation to income management would be an advantage but not essential as training with be given.
This role will carry out agreed shifts between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 9am-1pm Saturdays, up to a maximum of 37.5 hours per week.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Our promise to you
At Stonewater we believe nothing is impossible. We’re driven by our mission, vision and values and inspire others to always strive to succeed. This passion and determination is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where being individuals is embraced and recognised.
So, if you want to make a real difference to people's lives and want to have a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- A retirement savings plan – up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance – 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Homeworking
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Homeworking
- Revenues / benefits Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Homeworking
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Homeworking
- Finance Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Homeworking