Investment & Strategy Manager
We are looking for a driven and ambitious individual looking to make a difference as part of our Homes team as an Investment & Strategy Manager.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 33,600 homes, serving 75,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our team believe in hard work. We celebrate each other’s success and are always honest with each other. That feeling that everyone around you is pulling together to get things done, when we work together we are unstoppable – they’re all part of life at Stonewater.
A career at Stonewater is a rewarding one and provides you with the opportunity to bring your individuality and skills to an organisation which embraces change and is open to new ideas. We believe that recruiting and retaining the right people is vital for our success.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything we do. We recognise that our customers, colleagues, contractors and other partners are central to our success and that we work in a diverse society. We acknowledge not only our legal, but also our moral responsibility to ensure all groups have equality of opportunity.
We also offer you the chance to be part of an organisation rated as ‘One Star in the 2020 Best Companies survey for the second consecutive year, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 talented colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
Our promise to you
At Stonewater we believe nothing is impossible. We’re driven by our mission, vision and values and inspire others to always strive to succeed. This passion and determination is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where being individuals is embraced and recognised.
So, if you want to make a real difference to people's lives and want to have a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
For more information, visit our website at www.stonewater.org/careers
- Preparation of the Asset Strategy and monitoring of delivery of the Strategy.
- Develop and sustain long term relationships with our Partnership Managers to delivering a national programme of planned investment and major repairs to create a seamless service with shared value.
- Engage with residents in the development of customer focused investment strategies and investment priorities, selection of components and materials.
- Work with partners to identify and new and innovative technologies, processes, materials or products, assessing best practice and sector innovation.
- Implementation of BIM (Building information Modelling) including post development monitoring.
- Annual budget preparation of all investment and maintenance programs including repairs voids and grounds maintenance.
- Preparation of scheme appraisals for refurbishment and regeneration
- Monitoring, analysis and reporting of the planned and cyclical programme, including monthly reports on all maintenance activities
- Financial reporting of reactive and void maintenance on a monthly basis, including review of expenditure and accruals
- Cost and trend analysis on all ongoing contracts
- Review and preparation of sinking funds on an annual basis based on stock condition data.
- Preparation of cost and repair history for all new procurements.
- Preparation of 5, 10 and 30 year plans to allow compliance with ongoing legislative requirements such as the Home Standard and Decent Homes
- Preparation of reports to Assets AMT and EDG
- Develop a design guide for components including a technical brief where necessary. Set up and manage a review group across all directorates.
The ideal candidate:
- Previous experience in an Asset Management role
- Experience of budget preparation, bid submission, project management and financial control
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, deliver presentations, and prepare publicity material
- A commitment to customer service and resident involvement
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, Board Members, consultants, contractors and residents
- Good knowledge of construction, planning and sector-specific regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent understanding of housing markets
- An excellent understanding of asset management and delivering asset strategies
- Proven experience in budget and program management
- An good understanding of technical requirements in building maintenance
- Knowledge of BIM - desirable
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan – up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance – 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more…
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace. We are a Disability Confident employer.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Reading
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Reading
- Corporate Services Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Reading
- Finance Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Reading
- Policy / Strategy Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Reading