Voids, Repairs & Maintenance Surveyor
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership has an exciting opportunity for a Voids, Repairs & Maintenance Surveyor to join the team based in Boston. This is a full-time, permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £30,000 - £33,144 per annum plus benefits.
LHP manages nearly 12,700 affordable homes and offers a range of other services to support people and communities across Lincolnshire. LHP was created in April 2018 following the merger of two established Lincolnshire social housing providers.
As a charitable community-based organisation we channel profit back into services and projects that benefit our customers and local neighbourhoods.
As the Voids, Repairs & Maintenance Surveyor you will be responsible for the operational delivery of repairs in void and tenanted properties, ensuring that regardless of the labour allocated to undertake the works they are completed within the timescales set. This will involve carrying out a range of surveys before during and after works have been completed on void and tenanted properties.
Responsibilities of our Voids, Repairs & Maintenance Surveyor will include:
- Undertaking inspections/surveys of all building maintenance work, in a timely manner, preparing schedules of works, within strict KPI’s set
- Undertaking competitive tendering for high-value voids or responsive repairs to ensure value for money, whilst not negatively impacting on service standards or quality
- Accurately recording, using the latest available technology, all surveys and inspections in the agreed manner. This will include effective diagnosis and remediation of damp to LHP owned or managed buildings
- Identifying and collating photographic evidence of previous tenant recharges, working closely with the housing team in managing the recharge process
- Project managing works of a higher value to ensure that they are completed on target, within budget with minimal variances regardless of labour used to complete works
- Ensuring that when remedial works are specified they remove any category 1 or 2 hazards adhering to the housing health and safety rating system regardless of whether the property is occupied or not
- Specifying all repairs and void works strictly in line with LHP’s Repairs and Voids policy and procedure
- Leading and managing through to completion any insurable items of damage that are recorded ensuring any rent loss due to these works is minimised and all relevant charges are recovered from the insurance providers
- Providing coherent and clear report when requested by the management team regarding inhouse and contractor performance with your region
- Proactively managing resources to ensure that KPI’s set can be achieved using either internal or external resources
What we’re looking for in our Voids, Repairs & Maintenance Surveyor:
- HNC or equivalent in Construction studies
- Knowledge of construction work, building services and estimating
- Experience within the building industry
- Experience of working in a property maintenance environment
- Experience in preparing contractual documentation
- Working knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations relating to building maintenance
In return for your work as our Voids, Repairs & Maintenance Surveyor we can offer:
- An attractive benefits package including generous leave entitlement, a cash plan health scheme and recognise the importance of a work-life balance
- We also offer a range of career opportunities and encourage our colleagues to develop their skills with tailored training programmes
Closing date: Noon on 7th May 2021
If you believe you are the right candidate for the role as our Voids, Repairs & Maintenance Surveyor, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you