Director of Assets & Compliance
Origin – shaping communities; building lives
Origin exists to make change happen for the good of communities. We help people by providing affordable homes – but that’s not enough. We invest in communities to create places people are proud to live in and support residents who are vulnerable or in crisis. We empower our staff to take action and rise to every challenge with ‘can do’ positivity.
Good people are the future of our innovative, working community. We have placed a brand new and exciting ‘People’ strategy at the heart of our culture – to support training and personal development, to deliver our values, to move Origin forward.
We are looking for an exceptional person who combines technical building and contract management knowledge, excellent communication skills and a passion for great customer service. You will lead Origin’s expert Asset and Compliance function at Executive level.
Reporting to the CEO you’ll be a full part of the Executive Leadership team, ensuring delivery on Origins corporate ambitions and helping to shape their future.
- Develop and deliver Origin’s Asset Management Strategy within the context of the Corporate Plan to maximise Origin’s capacity to deliver on our core purpose and priorities and meet legal, regulatory and financial obligations.
- Maintain and improve the quality and range of asset data and the way it is captured, stored, managed and integrated to successfully inform investment decisions and planned programme priorities and meet all compliance requirements for safety, rent and service charge setting and financial obligations.
- Programme and deliver planned stock investment to maintain good quality, high performing, value for money homes and estates.
- Deliver building safety compliance inspection, servicing and remediation services, providing assurance that Origin is meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide customer focused day to day services, particularly in relation to the planned programme, M&E inspection and servicing elements of Origin’s buildings.
- Lead on programming and delivery of Building a Safer Future requirements and associated guidance on fire safety in all buildings.
- Plan to meet carbon reduction targets leveraging government grants and other resources and strategic stock management to ensure this is financially feasible.
- Lead and be accountable for the corporate Health and Safety function.
- Compile and manage all capital and revenue budgets related to functional areas taking full account of organisational priorities. financial viability, risk and legal and regulatory obligations.
- Ensure effective cross-organisation collaboration and resident engagement and communication in pursuit of these objectives.
- Ensure transparency and accountability to Board for asset management, safety and compliance decision making and outcomes.
- Lead the organisation as part of the Executive Team, supporting robust governance, financial and risk management, and delivery of corporate objectives.
This exciting vacancy is being managed exclusively by Garry Thomas at Greenacre Recruitment. To apply or for further information about the role please forward a CV to or contact us via email@example.com
- Closing date for applications: Sunday 16th May 2021
- First Stage Interviews: 24th to the 28th May 2021
- Second Stage Interviews: 31st May to 4th June 2021