Director of Health and Building Safety
Swan Housing Group are an award-winning housing provider operating in East London and Essex, locally managing over 11,500 homes, including social rent, shared ownership, NHS accommodation and supported schemes. Swan have always been a regenerating landlord and currently have a secured development pipeline of over 8,000 homes to be delivered using both traditional and offsite construction by their in-house developer, Swan Commercial Services. Swan are a registered provider of social housing, transforming communities in which they operate by investing in these communities and residents.
It is a very exciting time to be joining Swan Housing. As the incoming Director of Health and Building Safety, reporting to the Executive Director of Property & Development, you will establish a new building safety team within the organisation. You will drive forward and lead on all aspects of safety across Swan’s property portfolio and provide assurance to all internal and external stakeholders, ensuring a co-ordinated and consistent approach to building safety. You will also lead a team responsible for the delivery of building safety projects and ensure that Swan’s stock is compliant with the forthcoming Building Safety Act.
As a member of the Leadership Team, you will work collaboratively with other directorates to deliver Swan’s Corporate Plan and influence strategic decisions.
- Degree level education or equivalent through relevant training/experience.
- Substantial experience at senior management level within a property-related environment, managing large multi-disciplinary teams and large complex projects.
- Extensive knowledge of building safety and demonstrable experience of translating safety into excellent customer service.
- Experience of developing strong working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience and understanding of the zero-carbon agenda, delivering low and zero carbon refurbishment projects.
- Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory frameworks and the key risk areas across the property portfolio.
This is a great opportunity to join Swan at a time when you can have a real and personal impact on the organisation.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/82649
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Tom Neely on +44 7384717939 or Tom.Neely@berwickpartners.co.uk
Closing date for applications: 24th May 2021
More searches like this
- Residential Development & Construction Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in London (East)
- Construction Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in London (East)
- Development / regeneration Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in London (East)
- Health and safety Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in London (East)
- Executive & Senior Director £110k+ Permanent jobs in London (East)