Head of Treasury
We’re one of the largest G15 Housing Associations, providing services to over 71,000 customers across more than 30,000 mixed-tenure properties in in the South of England. We’re a successful, forward-thinking organisation ranked within the top 50 Best Companies to work for in London, as well as the top 100 best not-for-profit organisations! We’re looking for a talented Head of Treasury to deliver the Group’s corporate finance strategy and monitor our £1.4bn loan portfolio.
As a key member of the leadership team, you’ll be accountable for:
- Preparing and delivering against the annual treasury strategy, aligning with the business/financial plans and strategic objectives
- Maintaining the Treasury Management Policy Statement, ensuring this is complied with
- Making sure that the business has sufficient cash and resources to meet payment obligations
- Managing the loan draw-down, interest payment and capital repayment processes
- Implementing and managing agreed interest rate strategies, participating in negotiations of new/revised borrowing proposals
- Regularly reporting on treasury and related information and delivering the data to the Treasury Committee, and relevant Board where appropriate
- Being the key point of contact for Pensions Trustees, working with them to manage and maintain appropriate financial records for the business
This is a full-time, permanent role working 35 hours per week (7 hours per day Monday to Friday). You’ll be based at our modern, vibrant office in Farringdon, the buzzing yet cultural area of London which is centrally located and easy to access via various means of transport. However, we offer the flexibility for agile working to allow you to work from home too, so we’ll provide you with the necessary mobile working equipment.
You'll be expected to upload a detailed cover letter as part of this application process. Please ensure you address the job-specific skills/criteria and demonstrate how you meet the requirements in your cover letter. Unfortunately we are not able to progress your application without this.
What we need from you
- You’ll be a qualified Banker, Accountant or Corporate Treasurer
- Extensive experience in a loans-related industry with expert knowledge of debt finance (including bonds, loans and derivatives), negotiating loan documentation and monitoring loan compliance
- Confident analytical, tactical and strategic decision-maker
- Strong leadership skills, able to support and motivate direct reports
- Flexible to work outside of business hours when required, and to travel independently to our other sites of operation
What we’ll offer you
- A salary of circa £75,000 per year, depending on skills/experience
- 23 days holidays plus public holidays. We also close between Christmas and New Year, so you get an extra 3 days
- The ability to carry over annual leave and buy extra leave
- A great pension scheme
- Access to various discount cards and cash claim-back on medical treatments
- Employee referral scheme
- Travel to work loan, discounted rates on a cycle scheme, personal medical plans, life assurance, give as you earn, critical illness and travel insurance
- Flexible working options, as we recognise the importance of a good work/life balance
- More information can be found on our careers page – www.shgroup.org.uk/about-us/careers
There’s never been a better time to join Southern Housing Group. You’ll be part of a dynamic team within a flexible and innovative organisation who are stable and independent, which is crucial during these unprecedented times. Our customers come from all walks of life, and so do our colleagues. We actively encourage applications from people of any background who can bring an array of experience, skills and culture to our business, making us stronger and united. We celebrate our diversity and offer a safe environment where you can feel comfortable to truly be yourself. We’re proud to be part of various networks including BAME, The Women’s Network, PRISM – we’re also a Stonewall Diversity Champion, allowing those from within the LGBTQA+ community to feel empowered to express themselves freely without prejudice.
As a Disability Confident employer with disabled-friendly offices and remote working opportunities, we actively encourage everyone to come and work for us, regardless of any form of disability. As such, we’ll happily make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process to help you, should you need it. If you need additional support with your application due a disability, please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
Closing Date: 11th May 2021
Interview Date: 18/19th May 2021
Preferred Start Date: On or around 21st June 2021
Please be aware that due to the nature and sensitivity of some of our roles we are not always able to consider applications from Southern Housing Group residents. We would not normally appoint residents to roles which cover the estate or properties which they live in. We want to ensure our staff have a good work/life balance. Please note that additional residential checks will be completed before an offer is made.
Southern Housing Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For this role, the successful candidate will be subject to a disclosure check.
Please note that colleagues who are at risk of redundancy due to the current business reviews will be given priority consideration for this role. Applications from colleagues who are not at risk will be considered if there are no expressions of interest from ‘at risk’ colleagues.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Finance Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Executive & Senior Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Senior management Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)