Development Commercial Lead
LGAH (Legal & General Affordable Homes) is recruiting for a Development Commercial Lead whose primary responsibility will be providing commercial support and advice across the development team and eading the transaction of special projects which do not fall into the BAU development activities.
L&G Affordable homes is a digital first business. You'll play an active part in the evolution of our digital management and data management activities, helping to build a digital, frictionless business.
This role can be based anywhere in the UK but will be contractually based in London, Bristol, Manchester or Solihull (with flexible working).
What you'll be doing:
- Working to the Commercial Director to provide commercial and financial advice and support as necessary to the development teams across the country.
- Working to the Commercial Director on special projects from time to time. Special projects may include new acquisitions, reviews of development schemes or systems development to support the growth of the business.
- Undertaking periodic financial analysis of the development portfolio and schemes across tenures, archetypes and geographies, including performance, to understand patterns and trends, and then working with the team to provide insight and inform continuous improvement.
- Supporting new and existing staff to understand how to financially appraise development schemes, supporting them to understand the financial impact of certain risks crystallising and how to manage those risks effectively.
- Providing a learning and development role to new joiners and existing staff to support them to become effective professionals in relation to scheme financial appraisal and commercial decision making.
- Working across teams when major or special projects take place, including the commercial analysis of schemes and proposals and working as part of a cross business team to negotiate and contract special projects.
- Supporting and working to the business design steerco to help design, test and roll-out business improvements to support the growth and maritimisation of the business where necessary.
- Work with the Development Managers to undertake the peer review of schemes and proposals through the approval process, from initial scrutiny reviews through to commercial review and contracting.
- Actively participate in identifying opportunities for systems improvement and efficiency so that the business processes improve and enable the business to grow, whilst commercial and financial risks are identified and managed.
What we're looking for:
- You'll be Degree educated or have equivalent experience
- You'll have experience in a financial or commercial role within a residential development business on the financial analysis of programmes, schemes and opportunities including collating, analysing and presenting financial and development management information across a range of disciplines.
- A track record of delivering change and improvement with a significant emphasis on digital businesses processes and a good understanding of the finance and commercial aspects of housing development
- You'll have a high level of competence and confidence in supporting teams to learn and understand residential development financial analysis and the drivers of profit and be a strong team worker, who can work with, and support colleagues to improve everyone’s understanding of performance.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
As a company, to be one of the world's largest Asset Managers, homebuilders, pension providers and insurances brands, we are diverse by our very nature. And we're a company that wants to use our diversity and influence to make society better in the long term - for everyone. To do this we need to be a company that welcomes everyone, where everyone can succeed. That means we're committed to building an inclusive culture in L&G where we can all perform at our best, no matter who we are, what we do or where we do it. So whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever your story, we'd love to hear from you.
Legal & General Affordable Homes is a subsidiary of Legal & General Capital, which invests its long-term capital into sectors where there has been a shortage of investment and innovation, focusing on growth opportunities and scale ups. Focused on supporting the UK’s demographic and affordable living needs, and consistent with Legal & General’s housing growth strategy, Legal & General Affordable Homes is leading the evolution of the affordable housing sector with an aim to become the leading private affordable housing provider in the UK. Through collaborating with developers, housing associations and public sector bodies across the country, L&G Affordable Homes is forward-funding new build affordable housing, bringing volume institutional capital to the social housing sector with initial target markets being affordable rent, shared ownership and rent-to-buy.
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Does this opportunity excite you but you’re not 100% sure if you meet all the requirements for the role? Or are you concerned that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t possible given your personal circumstances? We’re aware that candidates, especially women, can be put off from applying for a job unless they tick every box, or candidates who are parents or have other caring responsibilities may not think they can achieve the flexibility they need. If this is you, we’re keen to connect; and whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we’ll try to find a practical solution. So why not apply?
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Solihull
- Finance Manager £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Solihull
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Solihull
- Development / regeneration Manager £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Solihull