Our vision is to provide a dynamic, inspiring service that will encourage young people to thrive on their journey to independence; To be a vibrant hub for the internal and external community where young people and young families can access workshops, specialist support, training and employment opportunities, and more importantly, staff that can enable young people to gain confidence, resilience and self determination.
Do you want to be part of turning our vision into reality? We need staff that are creative, energetic and have a real passion to empower young people to realise their full potential. If you could share our enthusiasm and commitment to this service, we'd love you to join us.
Our mission is to provide quality homes and services for people whose needs are not met by the open market.
Stonewater is a leading housing provider. We manage around 32,500 homes, serving 70,000 customers across our portfolio of affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation, with an ambitious house-building programme.
Our team believe in hard work. We celebrate each other’s success and are always honest with each other. That feeling that everyone around you is pulling together to get things done, when we work together we are unstoppable – they’re all part of life at Stonewater.
A career at Stonewater is a rewarding one and provides you with the opportunity to bring your individuality and skills to an organisation which embraces change and is open to new ideas. We believe that recruiting and retaining the right people is vital for our success.
We also offer you the chance to be part of an organisation rated as ‘One Star in the 2019 Best Companies survey, as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
We’re looking for like-minded people to join our team of over 800 colleagues who embody our values of being ethical, ambitious, passionate, agile and commercial, as well as people who want to make a difference and transform people’s lives.
- To assist in the interview process for applicants for the service assessing them as to their suitability, as well as completing inductions.
- Developing and reviewing tailored packages of support to enable residents to develop a range of life skills in preparation for move on.
- To work positively with young people by maximizing income, paying rent, managing repairs and anti-social behaviour.
- To work with residents to encourage involvement in the running of the service.
- To identify and report; safeguarding issues, health and safety issues and compliance to Stonewater's Equality and Diversity Policy.
- To monitor rent accounts and ensure that arrears owed by Housing Benefit or by the residents are dealt with speedily as per procedure.
The ideal candidate:
- Proven experience of working with young people within a similar role, with a knowledge of Homelessness and the impact on young people.
- Working knowledge of housing and benefits advice.
- Demonstrable experience of partnership working with specialist agencies such as mental health team, youth offending services.
- A natural relationship builder with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt your approach depending on your audience and required outcome.
- The ability to demonstrate a supportive approach to vulnerable young people maintaining dignity and respect.
- A comprehensive understanding of professional boundaries together with a high level of personal integrity
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Our promise to you
At Stonewater we believe nothing is impossible. We’re driven by our mission, vision and values and inspire others to always strive to succeed. This passion and determination is what sets us apart. We are proud to be a place where being individuals is embraced and recognised.
So, if you want to make a real difference to people's lives and want to have a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
At Stonewater we offer excellent benefits which help make us a great place to work!
- A retirement savings plan - up to 7% matched contribution rate
- Life assurance - 3.5x contractual pay
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Holiday starting at 26 days with the option to buy/sell
- Deals and Discounts on shopping, travel, optical etc.
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Company Day
- Values Award celebration events
- Team building days
And much more...
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and are dedicated to being a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace.
Are you ready to #DiscoverStonewater?