We have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Director to join our team working in Waterloo. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of circa £85,000 per annum.
About the Project Director role:
We are seeking two Project Directors to lead dedicated project teams on various aspects of planning, design and delivery of two of our exciting landmark development projects.
The Former Holloway Prison
The site is a significant, strategic opportunity to deliver a placemaking-led masterplan that will form a new urban quarter within the borough of Islington. Our current proposals seeks to deliver a new community of c 1,000 homes, a significant percentage of which will be affordable, supported by a range of uses (including commercial and community spaces). The quality and legacy of this development is key and along with a strong focus on design we strive for a great place to live with high quality landscaping and a new public park. We anticipate a planning application being lodged towards the end of the summer 2021.
Following the planning application, the role will lead the delivery of the multi-phased development working collaborative with internal functions within Peabody and delivery partner London Square to secure a smooth transition from pre-construction to construction delivery.
Responsibilities of our Project Director:
- Develop, own and keep under constant review the project brief, strategic objectives and implementation plan in accordance with Peabody’s vision
- Develop, own and keep under constant review a viable business case in accordance with group investment strategy
- Manage a development manager and supporting internal resources to deliver the objectives of the project, ensuring effective management of resources
- Maintain a high performing programme and project management regime within the Holloway project team
- Promote a culture of effective, proactive risk and budget management, ensuring timely reporting of agreed metrics
- Implement an effective communication strategy and take lead responsibility for the management of all internal and external project stakeholders- including the GLA, London Borough of Islington
- Working alongside the Regional Development Director, deploy a robust reporting regime, taking responsibility for all requisite group internal approvals
- Work with the Design and Technical team ensure compliance with CDM regulations and Peabody internal Health and Safety policies throughout the whole Development process
- Work alongside London Square to design to the requirements of effective and efficient procurement that secures construction services on the best terms within the current market and is compliant with Peabody procurement policy
- Contribute to and support the broader business development activities of the department as required by the Regional Development Director
As our Project Director, we are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrable experience of managing large scale multi-phase, housing-led projects from pre-planning stages through to construction delivery is essential
- Substantial experience in leading the development of masterplans and planning frameworks through to detailed planning consent is desirable
- Detailed understanding of construction contracts and public sector procurement preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven record of preparing and delivering persuasive, high quality, written and verbal reports and presentations within the organisation up to Executive and committee level and externally
- Effective, networking, negotiation and influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Proven track record of building and managing effective relationships with Leaders, peers, colleagues, partners and stakeholders
- Proven experience of successfully leading, managing and coaching employees and supporting them through times of change
- Strong commercial awareness with knowledge of budget management, planning and proven experience of leading on risk management
- A commitment to continuing professional development
- Professional qualification such as RICS, MCIOB, APM or equivalent is preferred
Closing date: Sunday 16th May 2021, 9pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Project Director, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST